Differential Gene Expression in Post-Finasteride Syndrome Patients - Dr. Khera - Baylor

I have the full study from another forum . Trying to upload it but file type not supported . Will try to convert to another file type

I had the same problem I canā€™t upload it either.

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/h561k6Ro7noM

1 Like

See if that works converted to pdf and shared to Samsung for download

3 Likes

This is what I remember reading.

Depending on the interaction with the previously discussed genes, AR activity could be increased, decreased, or
balanced out in PFS patients. If it is higher than in controls,
this may be a result of the body attempting to correct for
the decreased level of neurosteroids available. If it is lower
than in controls, it could be another contributor to antiandrogenic symptoms in PFS. The fact that AR
expression was elevated in PFS patients suggests a chronic androgen deficient, or activity-deficient, state. However, the lack of a difference in androgen activity markers indicates the opposite
conclusion. Since expression data came from specific tissue, it
is possible that there are differing site-specific expression patterns in patients. Ultimately, whether the differentially expressed genes affecting AR activity play a role in PFS
remains unclear given the lack of mechanistic data, and
requires investigation pointed in this direction.

1 Like

Thus we either need an animal model or a few dead PFS suffererā€™s bodies to analyse, especially if we want brain tissue.

Iā€™m very confused at how they measured androgen receptor activity. I had no idea you could do that and am surprised it hasnā€™t been thought of before on here, as Iā€™m immensely impressed at the knowledge some forum members have

1 Like

This is disappointing. I feel sad for him because he is a very troubled person with a dark shameful past but also because of the ignorance and hate he spreads.

4 Likes

I was hoping for more knowledge about this to as in what biological outcomes are tied to which genes or symptoms and complications could arise fromā€¦

Awor predicted this 10 years ago he has to feel vindicated by it but seems like a lot of people like Kevin Mann will just blow it off he makes some valid points but just comes across as obsessed crazy :crazy_face: itā€™s hard to listen to himā€¦

1 Like

Kevin seems to be trawling Propecia Help to look for material and studies here. It doesnā€™t impact us directly but he unfortunately is misleading the insecure people who watch his channel and some will inevitably be injured.

Kevin, you should really look inside yourself at your own insecurity and pain to avoid spreading it to other people like your brother did to you. Just because you had overwhelming anxieties about taking Propecia that fucked you up does not mean that your experience represents that of anybody else who got side effects, let alone every single person with PFS. Search yourself and think about whether your crusade is about trying to restore your own dignity or whether it is really about informing people about Propecia. If you genuinely cared about understanding the truth about PFS and Propeciaā€™s risks, you wouldnā€™t be emotional when ā€œresearchingā€ about PFS and you wouldnā€™t be emotional when making your videos. Think about it, why is this such an emotional subject for you? Search what you feel and you will see that what I am saying is completely true.

If your channel was truly about providing real research and not about consoling your deep insecurities, you would certainly acknowledge that every new piece of information provides at least an iota of reason to believe PFS is real. There are new studies, there are very potent investigations showing Merck knowingly hid LT side effect information to profit off of and prey on its patients, and plenty of very compelling anecdotes that are nothing like your experience.

Iā€™m sorry your brother abused you. Iā€™m sorry you got addicted to drugs and lost control of yourself and that you said embarrassing and shamefully racist things on the internet. Iā€™m sorry for all of the other struggles you continue to face today but your current approach is not the way to free yourself from your pain and it harms other. Good luck on your journey and I wish you well because everybody will benefit from your recovery.

2 Likes

Paid troll.

Iā€™m not watching this freak. Someone want to give me the GAW;DW (Guyā€™s A Weirdo;Didnā€™t Watch) version

Think about it, why is this such an emotional subject for you?

Heā€™s clearly autistic so he has a propensity for obsession. Why he started obsessing over finasteride and PFS denial is anybodyā€™s guess, I doubt even he knows. It appears it has become an important part of his self-identity.

4 Likes

What ā€œvalid pointsā€ can this freak make? The ā€œlow n number/small sample sizeā€ has been explained several times. I think itā€™s important not to give these internet laymen any shred of credibility. It gives them the false impression that they have legitimate criticisms when they donā€™t. They canā€™t explain what any of the statistical inferences means, let alone why the methodology was chosen the way it was.

Letā€™s keep it to the research, not clowns denouncing whatā€™s going on and being disrespectful to us

4 Likes

What do you think about the research @Dubya_B?
Are you just going to disappear or fade away like the rest?
There must have been some reasons you just left.
I would think something so long awaited would have peaked some interest.
Any thoughts?

It worked I was able to download it on my I phone

Thanks

@finaduta With the exception of ED and lack of sex drive mostly back to normal. Still struggle occasionally with insomnia.

So from what Iā€™ve read there is nothing wrong with our androgen receptors? I find that strange because most of us donā€™t respond to androgens or feel worse when supplementing with them. Also does anyone know why the first study had 34 patients and the second part only 26?

I must admit I freak myself out over the years looking at the few people who had Qeeg reports etc that show a form of brain damage / tbi or miscommunication in the brain. However, Iā€™d assume that no matter what condition you have, androgens would make you feel better and not worse. I also had the question about how they measured androgen receptor activity. It appears they used two hormones to test activity? I think they even said their report canā€™t conclude that the receptors are fine. I also think based off the years and years of brilliant ppl on this forum, someone would have tested for something to determine androgen receptor activity. @awor

3 Likes