Differential Gene Expression in Post-Finasteride Syndrome Patients - Dr. Khera - Baylor

I thought there was more to the study so that’s a no. Ok, thanks

It looks like a lot was covered…unfortunately u still can’t see it…

1 Like

How do you get full access to it?

This article is still listed as “in-press” and therefore most institutions libraries won’t have access yet. Once it is officially published, I will post it on here. That usually only takes a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

No matter what this study has uncovered, I am extremely gratetful to the foundation and the people who devoted their time and resources to make it possible.

23 Likes

Thanks to the Post-Finasteride Foundation

Funding: This study was funded by an unrestricted grant from the Post-Finasteride Foundation.

12 Likes

It’s great news to see pfs being confirmed. I’m looking forward to the article being published so we can see the whole article.

Hope for god that only a few altered key genes cause the whole downstream casscade. 99% stopp Finistarid without any effect. 1% Show permanent alteration after Androgen increase.

1 Like

Yes, creating a sockpuppet account to fake a suicide note after the release of such a landmark study is quite bewildering. Also the same member had been active in our community for months and had a clear agenda to present the findings of this study as a death knell for all patients.

It doesn’t sound like good news.

I’ll wait for someone more knowledgeable to chime and possibly explain it to us, but from what I understand we can probably say goodbye to the perspective of a one-fits-all “therapy”.

It’s always like this.

Harsh as it may sound, trial and errors is the heart of progress.

Gene therapy targeting … all of 3000+ Expression altered genes?

I don’t know how the others feel about this, but to me this study is unequivocally bad news.

Pretty pathetic.

4 Likes

Excited that this is finally out and excited for the Foundation’s statement on it.

Even if it won’t directly affect me in the next few years, hopefully it can lead to treatment options for our sons, nephews, and future PFSers of the world. No one should go through what we have.

6 Likes

I’ve read the full paper and I still don’t understand some of it, but the study is really meaningful

1 Like

In best case there are only some key genes altered wich induce all the downstream effects. 99% get off Finistarid without any persisting downregulation or upregulation of these 3800 genes. So for me it seems to be induced by some hypersensitiv regulated genes in the genom of a very sensitiv community of men.

So does anyone know if this now proves are condition is real?? Can someone chime in.

I would say it proves there is something going on, but there is a key line in that abstract as far as pinning PFS on the drug itself.
Missing data.
Now obviously if a person had this before and after, any Dr, Researcher, or Lawyer would take notice.
So maybe that would be the next step.
I guess though if PFS affects such a small percentage of those that take Finasteride that would be a hard study to pull together.
I guess some sort of reverse engineering comes to mind in our case.

Strengths & limitations: Strengths of this study include the evaluation of multiple proposed etiologies for post-finasteride syndrome. The study is also strengthened by the fact that not all data matched the initial hypotheses, qualifying the argument for the existence of PFS. Limitations include potential selection bias arising from more severe phenotypes seeking care; lack of gene expression data prior to 5ARI exposure; lack of non-penile tissue samples supposedly involved; and a lack of mechanistic data to imply causality.

2 Likes

This sounds like hair loss forum bullshit. People untrained in any scientific field cooking up wacky, impossible methodology to “prove” one thing or the other on the Internet.

Science is conducted in the real world with limited time, money, resources, willing participants etc etc. Let’s work with what we have an keep the progress going. Save the hair loss forum bullshit for the incels

Unfortunately the study leaves a lot of questions unanswered. I would almost say that before a suitable therapy has been found, the probability is higher that a suitable therapy for most people will be found by accidentally. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This is the full study:

https://cdn.fbsbx.com/v/t59.2708-21/217672775_6440605142632259_5702890858462766198_n.pdf/local_media155186095847034222.pdf?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0cab14&_nc_ohc=2mAukoealhEAX_66mau&_nc_ht=cdn.fbsbx.com&oh=788c18a1a5bed35ec3a95c7857af0bd9&oe=60EFA949&dl=1

6 Likes

Can these findings not now be used to challenge drug safety etc and get this poison off the market?

Not as such I would assume. The study does not establish causality if I read it correctly.

1 Like

Very questionable in my opinion but legally etc who the fuck am I. Thanks for pointing that out @Crembo id forgot I read that