Different types of receptors

Hey all,

We know that post-androgen deprivation syndrome causes a vulnerability of our androgen receptors to other drugs with anti-androgenic properties. What I have noticed, however, is that this vulnerability seems to extend to other types of receptors. For example, once you have post-androgen deprivation syndrome, other receptors such as serotonin and dopamine receptors are now vulnerable to this same mechanism of damage.

Do you think this could be true, or rather, do you think that all the post-drug conditions are related to damage to androgen receptors exclusively?

Perhaps tools like CRISPR could one day be used to repair all sorts of receptors.

All we know is that androgen receptors are overexpressed in (at least some) PFS patients. If or how this relates to the symptoms we experience is unknown.

I would caution against going down a rabbit hole anxiously trying to guess what may be going wrong in your body at a cellular or molecular level. It is important to accept how limited our understanding is today. It is not currently possible to detect any damage of the kind you suspect without costly lab experiments performed by experts.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree with you.

Before this ordeal I was an engineer so it’s sort of in my nature to overthink things, to an extent. Additionally, I feel PFS has a way of consuming one’s thoughts, especially for those who are more affected.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well.