Difference risky topical and oral (Fina, Saw Palmetto and other inhibitors AR)

At the same concentration, is topical or oral therapy more risky? Does research already have answers to this?

It’s a common myth that topical is less risky than oral, but the reality is they are both the same. This is because topical doses go systemic, just like oral doses do.

Yes it is true Balph still has a systemic effect. But I was wondering if the topical medicine was even worse, in the sense that it enters the hormonal circuits of the brain first and directly. And if the oral having the gastrointestinal journey, it can undergo some biochemical transformation different from the topical

You do skip first pass metabolism with topical, but also you probably doesn’t absorb all the liquid.

Also some topical formulations have really high total dosage.

It’s not easy to answer your question but if you want you can read more about the metabolism here. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6300128/

1 Like

Thanks bro

I’m currently using gel based on the topical retinoid of the last generation. It’s supposed to have limited action (only on the skin). To be honest, I don’t see any difference in my condition considering PAS. It’s pretty much the same with some minor fluctuations for more than a year already.