Difference between dutasteride and finasteride crash

Hey dutasteride & finasteride fellows,

Is there any difference between dutasteride and finasteride in the time between withdrawl and crash?

Half-life of dutasteride is longer. Is also the time until the initial crash after withdrawl longer in you guys, who use dutasteride?

How long did it take for you to crash?

In researching these two poisons in relation to BPH, I found this in a study from 2018:

dutasteride is a 45 times more potent inhibitor of 5-alpha reductase type 1 and a 2.5 times more potent inhibitor of 5-alpha reductase type 2, when compared to finasteride

With dut being so much more potent than fin, you’d think the crash would be harder. We’ll see if the replies you get back that up! Jim

2 Likes

I actually crashed after taking dutasteride….I took fin 3 years with minor sides…
I consider my crash to be mainly neurological as I’m numb on my all body with loss of taste and smell senses.

Did you have any lag time between stopping dutasteride and the development of symptoms? Like how long was the lag time?

I took dut for 1 week and had ED then atrophied penis within a few months. Curvature over night, change of flaccid texture to hard and ruberry. Penis feels weak, no erections when standing. I think it’s simple answer, severe to moderate penis damage like in all the rat studies. And then imagine other parts of the body with dht production being turned off

Where your still on dutasteride when you developed the symptoms or how many days had you quit or paused?