Did you stop losing hair or not? Please contribute

How many of you have stopped losing hair? Or did you keep losing hair when stopping Finasteride? I know most of us don’t care about hair loss anymore, but I think the current state of our hair may be used as a marker for how our androgen receptors are functioning. We should be assessing the condition of all aspects of our health/body, even the hair.

That is what the survey is made for, u should take it

My hairloss has stopped completely since 1.5 years of quitting

1 Like

I was shedding 200 plus hairs a day for 6 months straight, then I crashed, stopped all hair loss treatments (minoxidil, nizoral) and the shedding completely stopped. I havent had any hair loss since developing PFS almost a year ago. I am assuming that my body does not respond to DHT anymore or the androgen receptors in my scalp are not functioning. I had my DHT checked and it is above average. This is one of the symptoms that I tell the people who doubt my condition but they never really have anything to say about it. It’s as if I am making it up or something…

1 Like

Some people see hairloss as a sign of improvement.

But I had the opposite experience - I’ve steadily lost hair for years, but it dramatically accelerated when my PFS worsened in 2019.

Does anyone know why I would still be shedding 100 hairs a day? I stopped accutane in 2013 and have had severe hair shedding since. The hairs grow back though.

My PFS got worse after the 5th year, and so did my hair-loss.

I didn’t lose any hair or even age much for about 10 years. I’ve had friends compliment me on my photos that I still looked like I was in my early 20 being in my 30s. I thought for sure it was related to the lingering effects of pfs that caused the path to dht to be compromised only because of what I have read here which the theories have yet to be proven. Can’t explain the little to no aging. Now I’ve started losing my hair rapidly at 37 but still have symptoms of what is expected to be pfs which has left me even more lost. Maybe it’s a good thing to start losing hair again if it’s natural but if it’s because my body is in shock then it’s alarming. Which puts me back to square one, how can I control this hair loss? It has even crossed my mind to start finasteride again. I can’t believe it? That pill should come with a hotline to a therapist because I’ve gone crazy now. Lol