Did you have a child(ren) while taking or after stopping FIN?

Did you have a child(ren) while taking or after stopping FIN?

• Yes I did, while taking fin.
  • Yes I did, after stopping fin (state how many yrs after)
  • Yes I did, both while taking fin and after stopping fin.
  • No I did not, while taking fin.
  • No I did not, after stopping fin.
  • No I did not, while taking fin and after stopping fin.

0 voters

Just curious how many guys here had kids while taking or after stopping FIN?

If possible, please inform us if there were any miscarriages or other mishaps.

Please also reply if you had any sperm testing to pinpoint any problems.

I know for sure I saw a guy whose wife had some miscarriages. He had his sperm analyzed and came back low motility.

I had a lot of unprotected sex while on fin and coming off. Nothing hit. I was shooting blanks.

Thanks for the feedback. Did a quick review of the forum and collected some responses:

Miscarriage While On

Link

Miscarriage After Quitting

Link

Miscarriage After Quitting, Subsequent Pregnancy

Link and Link regarding his subsequent pregnancy

Miscarriage After Quitting, Subsequent Pregnancy

Link

Eight (8) Miscarriages, Subsequent Pregnancies (IVF)

Link

I actually had a very healthy son while on propecia. At the time I was experiencing low level sexual dysfunction. But I don’t appear to be suffering as badly as others.

1 Like

i had a little girl before fin, had another girl on fin. had a miscarriage off fin and now my wife and i are expecting a boy off fin

2 Likes

For the record, I just had a baby girl 2.5 years after coming off fin.

I never had my gunk checked despite a requisition for same.

I sincerely hope all of you who want to have a child will have one.

I still have emissions which are watery or borderline dry, so don’t be discouraged.

It’s certainly possible.

Low sperm count and messed up fertility. My x wanted to have kids with me but now she’s my x…

Congrats man! Honestly this is one of my biggest worries so I really appreciate the update.

Thanks,

congrats visionquest, this makes my day, i am very happy for you, i too was very concerned about not being able to have children

Thanks guys. It’s a great feeling. This is my 1st and I honestly didnt think it would happen…but it did. My doc told me it doesnt take much “gunk” but I didn’t believe him. Guess he was right.

Congratulations Visionquest. That’s great news!

As much as I would love to have children, I just can’t see it ever happening now. I would only want to father a child as the healthy, normal me that is capable of a real relationship. I doubt I will ever even date again.

I have the impression most men who take finasteride have baby girls (being on the drug or after the drug). The proportion doesn’t seem to be 50/50. Do you guys have the same impression?
Could the inhibition of 5 alpha make it harder for men to produce “y” spermatozoids? What do you think?

I had two kids no issues there thankgod.

Interesting. I can only speak for myself. One girl.

sex of a baby is determined by the how alkaline or acidic the sperm/the vagina is. i forget which one is which and which environment needs what, but you can look it up. i wouldn’t be surprised if fin did something to that.

After 1 year, but we had an abortion.

I know this is an old thread but I also had a girl.

I had a boy

If any of the people from a decade ago are still around, by now your kids should be 10 years old at least. Are they healthy?

1 Like