Did Trazodone cause pssd?

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)?

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)

What is your current age, height, weight?
19,6,3 285
What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?
Trazodone
What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
50-150 mg
What condition was being treated with the drug?
Insomnia
For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?
3 months
How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug?
Can’t recall
How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?
Some time in June 2019
How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
Tapered over two weeks
How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?
2 weeks before I quit
What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
Dead libido
Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[ ] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[
] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ ] Loss of Morning Erections
[ ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ *] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ *] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
trt
If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

I can feel my testicles when I touch them like touching any other part of body! I feel scratch hot cold! I get really good post workout highs! I powerlift
(Deadlift 700 pounds post trazodone)

I had erectile dysfunction for a year prior to trazodone! I took trazodone for 5 months along with a stacks of supplements and tribulus my sex drive came back and was through the roof!

It stayed like that for months ur supposed to cycle tribulus and Daa but I would just do them back to back and the last time I did that my sex drive went back to zero my orgasms made me feel crappy!

I tapered off trazdone over two weeks and no longer have severe insomnia!

I decided to do a test cycle to get things working and had no results granted my e2 was out of whack!

I’m on trt currently and can’t seem to get it dialed in!
I am on a Ed protocol right now of 25 mg of test have been for 3 weeks was on several different protocols(maybe dose was too low) that didn’t work my e2 was also extremely elevated which I have been using a ai for!

I want to know if I have pssd don’t wanna try supplements and it turns out all I had to do was dial in trt!

Your story is incomprehensible. I have no idea what you are trying to say. Consider trying again with a bit more effort.

I’m sorry but to keep it simple I had low t,insomnia,erectile dysfunction my doctor gave me trazdone and I started taking tribulus(test booster) and my sexual fuction came back I was on that for 4 months!

Ur supposed to cycle off test boosters so they effects don’t wear off I didn’t just took them back to back and in the process of switching from tribulus to Daa my sex drive died I went back to where I started off no sex drive libido! I tapered off traz!

And I have been trying to dial in my trt!

I was wondering is it possible I have pssd? And why I haven’t reached the full benefits of trt? Or do I just have downregulated androgenic system?

I can feel my testicles when I touch them like touching any other part of body! I feel scratch hot cold! I get really good post workout highs! I powerlift
(Deadlift 700 pounds post trazodone)

I had erectile dysfunction for a year prior to trazodone! I took trazodone for 5 months along with a stacks of supplements and tribulus my sex drive came back and was through the roof!

It stayed like that for months ur supposed to cycle tribulus and Daa but I would just do them back to back and the last time I did that my sex drive went back to zero my orgasms made me feel crappy!

I tapered off trazdone over two weeks and no longer have severe insomnia!

I decided to do a test cycle to get things working and had no results granted my e2 was out of whack!

I’m on trt currently and can’t seem to get it dialed in!
I am on a Ed protocol right now of 25 mg of test have been for 3 weeks was on several different protocols(maybe dose was too low) that didn’t work my e2 was also extremely elevated which I have been using a ai for!

I want to know if I have pssd don’t wanna try supplements and it turns out all I had to do was dial in trt!

Hi, can you fill out a member story so we can understand what you’re dealing with a little easier. Go to the member story section, start a new topic and a template will appear for you to fill in.

No symptoms I feel the same as when my low t was causing my ed! I want to know if I even have it cause I have my doubts People got pssd from trazodone got it right away or after a few pills! I was on it for 3 months

But yes I have none of those symptoms! Like I said I actively compete in powerlifting and really strong guy.

I had Ed from low t long before I ever touch trazodone!

So that’s why I’m reluctant to try supplements that might screw me up worse when my only problem is just dialing in my trt?

You’re right. If you have doubts about having PSSD, it would probably be in your best interest to do everything possible to rule every other potential cause of your ED. The record of successful treatment of post-drug symptoms is dismal. If it’s simply a matter of having low hormones and can be fixed with some blood tests and HRT, go that route and see what the outcome is.

This isn’t really an HRT forum but we’re here if you come to the conclusion that you truly do have PSSD from trazodone. You wouldn’t be the first person this happened to.

Also, I thought you mentioned somewhere that you had an erection at some point that wouldn’t go down? This is a priapism and can cause vascular damage. It happened to a friend of mine recently a few weeks into trazodone and he was taken in for emergency surgery due to the potential danger of blood pooling for that long. It might be something to consider. I’m not aware of how this is treated though.

There were people here who were on TRT before getting hit with PSSD or PFS and they noted a stark difference between the symptoms they had from low T and the symptoms of PFS/PSSD. If you feel the same as when you had low T, it’s likely to be just low T, or other strictly hormonal problem you are dealing with now.

I could only find two people who had pssd from trazdone and they all said to have gotten an arogasmia something I don’t have!

When I masturbate it’s hard to maintain cause I’m simply not aroused like exactly when I had low t and wasn’t on anything!

What about post workout high I talked to a lot of guys with pssd and they all said the emotional blunting is so bad they get no workout high something I always get?

And on top of that pssd seems to kick in very quick!

I actually had a boost of sex drive from trazdone in the beginning which tells me my body liked trazdone could have also just been from the test booster also ?

Another thing is when I take Dhea I get so aggressive it’s not even funny

It caused PSSD for me so yeah, possible.

Hey man I just read ur symptoms and reassures me more I don’t have it! My memory is that of a alien I recall every aspect of my life with picture perfect memories!

Good

Bump

Could use a little more assurance

You won’t recieve a definite answer about this from someone else. You know yourself better than anyone.

If you feel the same as when you had low T, with none of the additional symptoms that often accompany PSSD, then you probably just have a hormonal issue and not PSSD.

Since there’s currently no diagnostic method for PSSD, or the broader post-drug syndrome discussed on this site, there’s no definite way to find out with 100% certainty. But you can try to rule out other practical causes to your symptoms.

Again, this isn’t an HRT forum, but it is sometimes discusssed here in the context of symptom management. If you feel as if you have an issue with hormones, I suggest you work on that angle first and foremost instead of dwelling in the slim chance that you were unlucky enough to be stuck with PSSD.

What about numbness isn’t that a way to tell?
I mean I can feel cold,hot,itch,scratch!
If I graze my finger over it I can feel a slight tingle!
No arousal or pleasure from touching them!

It’s hard to tell if they’re numb or not cause when I touch other parts of my body it feels the same??

From what I gather most guys cannot even feel a scratch or any kinda touch whatsoever?

Numbness is usually an hormonal imbalance

Thought so! Is it possible to devolpe pssd after being on it for months with positive benefits!

From my research people who get pssd usually notice it right away or in the beginning of the trial!

Yes Trazodone can cause PSSD, as well as other non-SSRI antidepressants. It appears that all substances that alter the hormone profile and brain chemistry in some way can cause this condition. Generally the more you have been exposed to endocrine disruptors and psychiatric drugs in the past, the more likely you are to develop this condition.