Did a water fast fix your digestion?

Hi, guys.

I’m highly considering a water fast to fix my digestive issues.
Did you guys ever perform a water fast?
How long did it take?
Did you see any improvements with digestion or other symptoms?

I did a waterfast 2 times.
The first time it was 2 days, the second time was 4,5 day.
It’s harder than it seems, especially when you have to work, that’s why I stopped.
Both times I lost a bit of weight, during the fast my sexual sided were worse, but I guess that was because lack of food. (anyone gets it PFS or not)
After the fast I didn’t see any improvement, but maybe it’s because 4,5 isn’t long enough. I don’t know.

Are you suffering from any other symptoms?

Low libido is bad, but my back pain, insomnia and digestive issues are the most concerning right now.

Well as far as symptoms go I consider myself quite lucky.
The worst I got is 0 libido and extreme ED.
And somtimes brainfog, but that’s minimal.
So yeah, it didn’t help me with those symptoms.

I guess you could always try, waterfast is relatively not dangerous. But it’s hard, you rlly need some solid motivation to get you through the day, and don’t think about going to work or school.

I think we would probably know by now if “Water Fasting” (previously known to everyone in the world as “fasting”) was a worthwhile treatment.

One thing is for certain, people who have sold treatments to pfs patients that don’t work often prescribe fasting as part of the process and it’s here that we can trace the idea that people need to fast for extended periods to. It is a way of blaming patients for not trying hard enough to get better. “Sure, you’re buying all my supplements and herbs, but you only fasted 6 days? Well of course it didn’t work!”

The idea that you should fast for ever longer periods of time is not one that we as a community should continue to entertain, it is not without risks and can be dangerous.

1 Like