DHT research medical library

Hi guys,
I was just searching the relation between THC (weed) and DHT because every time I smoke weed my dick seems to be more dead.
So I stumbled upon this study:

The studie has some similair article down below. There are more studies there that caught my eye. Things like:

Liang T, Heiss CE.J Biol Chem. 1981 Aug 10;256(15):7998-8005.PMID: 7263637

Saartok T, Dahlberg E, Gustafsson JA.Endocrinology. 1984 Jun;114(6):2100-6. doi: 10.1210/endo-114-6-2100.PMID: 6539197

Jung-Testas I, Groyer MT, Bruner-Lorand J, Hechter O, Baulieu EE, Robel P.Endocrinology. 1981 Oct;109(4):1287-9. doi: 10.1210/endo-109-4-1287.PMID: 7285871

Liao S, Hung SC, Tymoczko JL, Liang T.Curr Top Mol Endocrinol. 1976;4:139-51. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4684-2601-4_12.PMID: 800356 Review. No abstract available.

Now I tried reading and understanding them, I even put it through google translate into my native language but I have to be honest… this is waay beyond me, I just don’t understand anything :sweat_smile:

Can someone that is native to english with a biological background pls have a look at those articles and tell me if I’m on to something?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Stay away from drugs, it’s bad mmmmkay?

@Das Funny how life sometimes goes, I ask for advice from an expert and all I get is the unwanted opinion of a donkey.
Well thank you very much for your perfect advice, here is some advice back: You should follow your own advice hypocrite, or are you gonna tell me you got the finasteride from the candystore?

I’m not really sure what conclusion you are trying to draw based on the studies you’ve posted above.

If your question is whether the marijuana was responsible for your fluctuation in symptoms, that is likely, and you could infer that from the first study. Substances that are androgenic/anti-androgenic (strength required varies depending on the individual case) have been shown to modulate symptoms to varying degrees in most patients.

Anecdotally, the few times I’ve smoked in the past while traveling (because where I live it’s illegal), it caused a huge increase in libido, and a massive increase in genital sensitivity. I also felt pretty good mentally (really enjoyed music, food, good sleep etc.).

1 Like

A lol at you comparing finasteride with drugs like weed.

It should be a no brainer you should stay away from smoking weed when having pfs.

Yeah you are right, my comparisson isn’t really accurate cuz finasteride is much worse.
But still labeled as drugs, just like everything you buy at the pharmacy.