Describe your brain fog

Hi All,

“Brain Fog” is a very vague term that can mean many different things.

I would like people to describe more precisely what their brain fog feels like to them.

Do you just feel like you are in a cloud?

Do you have any pain associated with the fog?

If so, where is the pain? What does it feel like?

Do you have headaches? If so, how severe?

Do you have trouble with speech?

Specifically what kind of trouble?

How is your short term memory?

How is your long term memory?

Have you noticed your problems becoming worse over time, or better over time?

When is it worse? Morning? Noon? Night?

Do you only have cognitive problems, or do you have sexual problems as well?

Has anyone else become aware of your cognitive problems? If so, what did they say?

Do you feel less social?

Does the brain fog come and go, or is it constant?

Has it affected your desires? What desires has it affected?

Do you have problems concentrating? What kinds of problems?

Have you seen a doctor about your cognitive issues? What type of doctor? What did they say? Did they prescribe anything for you? Have you been taking it? Did it help/not help?

Are there any medications that have made your problem better or worse? If so, what are they? How long did you take it?

Have you had any vision problems? If so, what are they?

Have you had hearing problems? If so, what are they?

Are there any other cognitive issues you’ve experiences that aren’t addressed by the questions above? If so, what are they?

What is this, a legal inquiry?

I want to see if other people’s brain fog experiences are similar to mine. I am wondering how different people’s experiences of brain fog are.

Do you just feel like you are in a cloud? Yes, isolated.

Do you have any pain associated with the fog? No pain, just very heavy pressure around sinuses and sometimes deep in skull

If so, where is the pain? What does it feel like? sometimes deep, dull headaches. Happens frequently but they don’t stay long.

Do you have headaches? If so, how severe? Not severe, just troublesome

Do you have trouble with speech? It is harder to think of the words to say when I’m in conversation or describing something. It is like I don’t “sit inside my brain” the same way.

Specifically what kind of trouble?

How is your short term memory? Not the best, somewhat affected.

How is your long term memory? Not affected hardly, it is harder to clearly remember things such as people’s faces, events, etc. It is like my imagination is more blurry, not nearly as sharp. Again, like I’m not sitting inside my head the same way.

Have you noticed your problems becoming worse over time, or better over time? I am 4.5 months since taking the pill. For a short time a few months ago, I thought I was making progress. Recently last week I caught a severe sinus infection which spread to respiratory and everything has been so bad.

When is it worse? Morning? Noon? Night? Constant. The cognitive shift is always there. It is like a change in my vision and perception of what i’m seeing.

Do you only have cognitive problems, or do you have sexual problems as well? Strong physical fatigue, slight sexual disinterest, moderate change in seminal quality; much more watery. Harder to get and keep a strong erection. No noticeable penile shrinkage.

Has anyone else become aware of your cognitive problems? If so, what did they say? Yes, my Dad, close friends, and close co-workers. They are supportive but don’t really understand what to do or where to go. The same as me. I want to escape this hell.

Do you feel less social? Yes. I had such a beautiful life, I enjoyed chatting with people and discussing ideas. Now everything feels so fucked up.

Does the brain fog come and go, or is it constant? Constant. It is always there. It is almost like my “perspective” of it can make it a little more tolerable or much much worse if I focus on it. It is like a perceptual change, the hardest thing I’ve ever had to explain. It is a complete, utter, lost-in-the-woods feeling that you can even see through your eyes. Everything is gray, it runs together, there is no visual vibrancy that has emotional connection to your body and your soul.

Has it affected your desires? What desires has it affected?

Do you have problems concentrating? What kinds of problems? Yes, I have a lot of trouble reading and focusing. When I am reading words on paper or a screen, it is like something is preventing my brain from making quick and easy sense of these words. Instead, I don’t actually see words like I used to. I have to concentrate much harder on what the words are and what they mean. I completed a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Physiology with very high honors, and now I feel like I am illiterate.

Have you seen a doctor about your cognitive issues? What type of doctor? What did they say? Did they prescribe anything for you? Have you been taking it? Did it help/not help? - I saw a family doctor which was confused. I told her that I had taken the pill once and showed her multiple research articles claiming the drug can induce changes to the brain. We ordered a comprehensive vitamin panel, metal panel, full hormone panel, cortisol, and inflammatory markers. Everything was within normal ranges. This was about a month and a half - 2 months post-ingestion. I have seen an eye doctor (opthamalogist) and he gave me a comprehensive eye exam with a peripheral field test & assessment of the optic nerve. Eye pressure was also tested. Everything was absolutely perfect. There were no signs of any type of pressure on the nerves or any tissue damage whatsoever. Currently, I am undergoing a 3-night home sleep study and am waiting for my neurologist appointment where I will insist to have a spinal tap to analyze CSF and neurosteroids, at the least to get some insight on my face and head pressure.

Are there any medications that have made your problem better or worse? If so, what are they? How long did you take it? I only take a 3-5mg melatonin at night, I supplement Vitamin D during the day.

Have you had any vision problems? If so, what are they? My eyes work completely fine, but it is like my brain does not interpret the things I’m seeing the same way. It is a disconnect between my brain and my eyes. It is the most bizarre thing I’ve ever experienced, and it is absolutely heartbreaking. I feel like my life has been ruined. I am trying to stay on top of my sleeping schedule, and eating healthy foods to try and beat this.

Have you had hearing problems? If so, what are they? I have not encountered any hearing problems yet. I am still recovering from being sick so I have fluid in my left ear.

Are there any other cognitive issues you’ve experiences that aren’t addressed by the questions above? If so, what are they? Other issues I have are a very oily face, inability to sleep a full night, I don’t sleep as deeply. The night usually passes by with me laying there, waking up a few times, and the entire night going by with me semi-conscious of it.

I’m sorry to read that man. I hope we get a breakthrough soon. As I think I said to you recently, we’re not broken, just not working correctly at the moment. Temporary/Full recoveries show us that it’s possible to get back to normal. Hold on, we can get better.

I’m in the same boat - still looking for a recovery story from someone with the complete cognitive shift.

Head feels heavy, fuzzy, and overall just weird. Like I’m literally in a fog, separated from the world. I am unable to interact normally. My eyes feel heavy, and I feel lethargic and drowsy. My eyes seem to be able to see, but it’s like they cannot focus on things. Like I have to turn my head in order to catch things in my peripheral. Nothing is sharp, everything is like blurry and smooth. Things are happening around me but cognitively I am dissociated from them. My eyes seem to stare off into space.

Sometimes when listening to someone or music or a video, the person talking is millions of years away from me. I am aware of them talking but cannot understand what they are saying.

No headache, just head heaviness/pressure.

Emotionally, I feel distant. detached. Unable to connect with others, listless.

I was taking aspirin for a while as an anti-estrogen, and have recently become worried I caused a sub-dural hematoma or intracranial bleeding. I am considering getting an MRI, reluctantly because I am aware the procedure can have unwanted side effects.

3 Likes

Sounds like me exactly