Dermotologist Claims No connection/Irwig Study Bad

4 Likes

OMG she is dumb. I’m surprised she made it through med school, but not surprised she ended up as a hair transplant surgeon. I’m not going to dissect the many ridiculous things she said but she isn’t even aware of what a case report is despite being an MD.

Also the Irwig study is not a false news report. It’s neither false nor news, it’s a peer-reviewed medical study. She stopped just short of calling it fake news.

I’d respond to her but I don’t think my YouTube account is linked to my Gmail and I don’t want it on my account or to have my name.

6 Likes

She is not dumb, my friend. When are you going to finally accept the truth about your species?

She’s definitely dumb. She stumbled all over her words throughout the video and could barely put sentences together. She could have chosen to ignore Irwig’s study but she decided to offer her confused opinion instead. Truthfully, she won’t benefit in any material way from creating a YouTube video. It’s irrationally paranoid to think all these people who don’t understand PFS are conspiring against us to line their pockets. We’re a rare population and its not intuitive for the vast majority of people to understand rare, but significant risks.

Hair transplant surgeons are the bottom of the barrel in the medical world. Dermatology is a different story because lots of doctors want to get into that field because it offers a desirable lifestyle.

2 Likes

Thanks! It sounds kinda cool. I’ll take it :slight_smile:

Hey, I never said she is conspiring. She is acting solo. Why is it that every time people want to discredit someone they accuse him of seeing conspiracy? Plus, yeah, Merck has definitely conspired to hide the truth about finasteride but this doc has her own private little conspiracy going on.

Yep, bingo!

1 Like

Remember to be nice to this person :slight_smile:

Despite dermatologists having an affinity for shit, honey still works better than vinegar.

3 Likes

It’s important that we save every website where a doctor denies PFS. We can do it here: https://archive.org/web/
YouTube videos cannot be saved at archive.org, but text websites can.
These doctors are incredibly stupid in giving their opinion, because we will sue them all in the future. And it’s key to save the proofs of their denial / collaboration with crime.

5 Likes

How would you sue doctors that deny a condition that hasn’t even been officially acknowledged/established?i don’t see how that should work out actually.there are biologists that deny the etiology of viral infections without any consequences.or maybe I’m missing something here

I agree that all recent and ongoing denial of PFS should be archived. I think many deniers will be in a hurry to remove any evidence that they slandered, smeared, obfuscated and gaslit people over this devastating disease. An archive of this will make an interesting retrospective case study one day when researchers pontificate on what can happen when patients aren’t believed for decades and their protestations turn out to be valid. Youtube videos can be downloaded by individuals here: https://www.y2mate.com/en14.

Youtube usually has transcripts for their videos. They can be accessed here:

I’ve formatted the transcript for this video. There are some extraordinary statements from somebody calling themselves a doctor contained within

I’m Dr Sara Wasserbauer and here’s what’s in the news today. This is a recent publication from the Post Finasteride Syndrome Foundation. It says young men who use finasteride for hair loss are at risk for suicide if they develop persistent sexual adverse effects and insomnia says new research. Well unfortunately an article like this is frustrating because it uses the tragedy that is suicide to justify its own pre made conclusions. I can’t believe that the journal actually accepted it for publication because this doctor specifically asked for patients who had committed suicide and then combed through their medical charts for finasteride used after the fact as if to look for proof of his own conclusions and then only talked about six patients which is a non statistically significant number. You’re gonna be able to find six patients anywhere in the world who might have been taking finasteride and also committed suicide. Suicide is a serious health problem; the World Health Organization estimates that one person killed themselves every 40 seconds in the world and that annually this number is as high as 800,000 to a million. Suicide occurs throughout the lifespan and is the second leading cause of death among men 15 to 29 years old and even in other studies between 20 and 44 years old, 15 to 44 years old is when men experience hair loss so hair loss and suicide already coexist in this population to a high degree. Of course that’s also the prime age for finasteride initiation so there will absolutely be an overlap in these two populations and an attempt to demonstrate causality is gonna happen.

I strongly believe that there is no causality in this case. There is also a very high prevalence of sexual dysfunction in men of all ages in every country so once again there will be an inevitable overlap with finasteride use. Dr Irwig conveniently never mentions any of the above as he reaches his conclusions so to take the cases of six unfortunate guys and use their tragedies to further Dr Irwin’s agenda is disgusting and it deserves a response. It’s important to treat the hair loss as if it might be a source of depression and anxiety as well the article fails to mention the high levels of depression and anxiety that untreated hair loss causes in young males in the first place. There’s more than one verified case of hair loss alone without finasteride use causing suicide. Recent studies have shown that the stress level experienced by patients with alopecia is at a level similar to or higher than severe chronic and life-threatening diseases like cancer. Dr Irwig should do justice to the worldwide social problem of suicide and comb through the charts of those patients with just hair loss in order to place that statistic alongside for a fair comparison. A fair study would have taken a hundred guys not six with hair loss who are taking finasteride and 100 guys with hair loss who are not taking finasteride and compared the rates of suicide or taken for thousands of men who are already taking finasteride and investigate the rate of depression and suicide in that population and see if it’s higher than that of the general population. A fair researcher would have acknowledged the high rates of both suicide and hair loss that independently coexist in the population of young males that he chose to focus on. An organization that says it’s dedicated to the overall welfare of young men would avoid making unproven accusations and associations that confuse, that distract and that discourage and that’s my take on it.

I don’t think individual doctors will be sued however, unless there’s been specific malpractice that didn’t follow FDA prescribing procedure.

3 Likes

I recently committed myself to the role of archivist so I’ll add this one to my list. If anybody else can think of any notable denials off the top of their head then please PM me a link and I’ll add them to the archive! :+1:

7 Likes

Who is going to archive Dr. Rassman on Reddit? That would be a full time job…

3 Likes

i agree on that.

archived + videos downloaded

1 Like

If you want to influence and persuade these people you need to first understand how they think, why they think that way, and figure out what appears to make that will resonate with them.

Just as a hint, she’s not doing this because she thinks it will make her more money. If she were only doing this for money, you’d easily be able to pay her $1m to speak out against Propecia and never prescribe it again but she wouldn’t do that.

I can tell by watching her video that she would be a nightmare to discuss this with but other doctors are more mentally flexible, even if they aren’t coming to the table with your same viewpoint.

Doctors that practice in more intellectual and diagnostic fields like endocrinology are more likely to think critically for themselves. But these hair transplant surgeons just learned to memorize a bunch of shit in med school, they got trained by another surgeon to do this procedure like a fancy car mechanic, and they don’t really practice the art of medicine other than in a narrow way.

Dr. Rassman, for example, sees himself as a clinical scientist. Obviously we both know this is a joke. But if you challenge him to think like a scientist and walk him through the science, he will be motivated to figure it out. He does also serve as a thought leader in the industry so you can challenge him as a thought leader to figure out this puzzle and provide the answer to his colleagues before any of them can figure it out. This will override a lot of his pre-existing biases.

Otherwise, these guys just rely on what the FDA has to say as the highest office in the land, and so far they’ve been fucking this up really bad but it’s not over with that yet.

1 Like

IDK if you can fix this easily, but for archival records, he name is actually Sara Wasserbauer.

1 Like

Thanks, edited. That was mostly a copy paste from the YouTube transcript which is why some things come out a bit off sometimes.

The vast majority of Doctors who peddle Finasteride will never admit it causes harm.

This quote has never been truer.

“It Is Difficult to Get a Man to Understand Something When His Salary Depends Upon His Not Understanding It.”

5 Likes

Once the evidence is overwhelming, they won’t deny it anymore. Reuters expose was the first release in presenting very convincing evidence. Still, many did quite understand since it was a long-form piece, but some did. We need more things like that and the evidence will only continue to build.

1 Like

Even when PFS is proved to be real. I think hair loss Doctors will still promote the drug but downplay PFS as being “extremely rare”.

I heard one Doctor claim in an interview that common over the counter drugs where more dangerous than finasteride.

1 Like

There is no great mystery in Dr’s views on PFS. They will follow big Pharma research, listen to medical reps, follow their training and medical guidelines. Very few people in general think outside the box. Drs can make life or death decisions, are calm under pressure and think and act logically. They don’t change opinions easily so it’s no wonder they believe Fin is safe. For most people it is.
I expect in France they are more aware due to being given extra safety guidelines on Fin. It’s things like that which will change their thinking. Right now there is no major research to challenge Mercks safety studies. So it’s in Mercks best interests to ensure no studies like this appear. This keeps their drug prescribers happy and everyone makes money.

2 Likes

Hopefully we get some more evidence that says PFS occurs in a certain % of the people that take it. That way doctors can inform their patients and it will be up to them to decide if that want to take the risk.

Still, consumers will not be great at understanding the impact of small (about 1%) risks that can be negatively life altering. But I would be much happier if people understood this information.

Merck doesn’t really care about Propecia anymore. It seems like they’re going to be throwing it into another business along with other legacy drugs and drugs and separating it from Merck. They may be a little interested to protect reputation, but they have Vioxx perpetually looming over them that Propecia is a small issue to them.

1 Like