Dental problems

I recently saw a paper documenting dental problems in pfs sufferers. Can anyone send me a link as i cant find it anywhere.

Greatly appreciated
Lazarus

1 Like

Give this a look maybe. I did a couple quick ctrl+f searches for ‘dental’ and ‘teeth’ that didn’t find anything, but maybe someone else can do a better job of sniffing out that information.

2 Likes

Thanks @BibFortuna i couldnt find anything in here either. Im seeing a lead nhs dental consultant who is bought into pfs. He is also very disappointed in the lack of attention pfs, support for sufferers etc . and would be very interested in seeing the paper. He cant understand my continued loss of what is very healthy gum tissue and wants to help.

2 Likes

I think this is the one you are looking for:

https://scholar.valpo.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1039&context=jmms

3 Likes

@MatchaTea thats the one thankyou

2 Likes

Anytime!

2 Likes

@MatchaTea @BibFortuna he’s mailed me back to say hes going to push it onto to his colleagues across the NHS. Not a bad effort.

4 Likes

I guess androgen receptors play a very important role in each and every part of our body, even teeth and gums, internal organs as well along with muscles and bones. We are being starved hormonally. I am so scared what if my internal muscles get atrophied just like my external muscles !!

1 Like

Wow wtf, I always thought that I used to brush too hard… but since a year I have been brushing very soft with an extra soft brush and plant based paste. And still I have receding gums… so that’s the cause… great.

1 Like

The dentist advised he thinks it is in part due to collagen loss. Dental issues are very common in menapausal women.

1 Like