Dental Issues (Gums, Teeth, Enamel)

Hi everyone. Like some other members, I’ve had a few dental issues from PFS. I first noticed that my gums had receded a bit all around my mouth, particularly badly around two teeth on my left side. I’ve also had loose teeth and enamel erosion on a few teeth. My two front teeth have definitely lost mass and the erosion can be seen under good lighting. I’m also 18 so this isn’t anything natural and has come on rapidly recently. Has anyone had any success dealing with these issues? Or did it stop at a certain point? I’ve heard for some that vit D3 has helped, but others have crashed on it so I’m wary. I unfortunately can’t go to a dentist during this quarantine, it’s really bad in my state. Thanks.

2 Likes

I am a dental hygiene student and to my knowledge, hormone fluctuation has only been seen to make conditions worse, not be the cause of it. go see a hygienst or dentist

Just seen the last part of the paragraph. can you explain your daily oral care routine to me?

Nothing crazy I’ve always just done an average amount. Brushing twice a day, mouth wash and flossing on occasion. Also other guys here haven’t had any dental issues and suddenly do after finasteride. @dutasteride

mmm i have no idea. people have reported facial structure changes due to bone loss after propecia (right?) and gingival (gum) recession and teeth being loose are caused by destruction of the bone supporting the teeth. thats my guess

Well my face has gotten skinnier after my crash. Loss of fat and sunken eyes and cheeks and that. But it seems to have stabilized while my mouth keeps getting worse. Where does this end?

Im not sure… I wish i could help… ive heard of mobile hygienists and dentists but thats in remote areas. my only advice is to make sure you’re brushing your teeth properly by making sure you brush every aspect (occlusal, facial, lingual) of every tooth 2x daily. floss everyday and try the new gum detox toothpaste by crest. You can look up brushing techniques

1 Like

Dentists in my area are allowed to work on emergency patients, call one and see if you qualify as an emergency.

1 Like

I’ve had surgery, gum grafts and had teeth replaced. The recession continues. Chewing ginger gave me temporary improvements followed by a crash. I can’t tolerate ginger anymore. Try it alternate days and spit it out to minimise risks. Sounds bizarre but this is pfs

Did you have enamel erosion at all? Like thinning teeth;

Yes mate looked like a junkies

I have slight enamel loss and my mouth feels sore past few days. No idea what to do

I’ve had 4 teeth either cracked or chipped in the last year, all after PFS hit.

1 Like

It’s absolutely insane this mate and no one seems to believe us. It was initially thought my hygiene was at fault despite me having no problems prior and having really good mouth health. Now the consultant accepts that something is not right

1 Like