Dental issues affecting us? Yes or no?

Let us use this conversation to discuss how PFS/PSSD etc. has harmed our teeth and gums.

Are dental problems an issue for you? Or not? Fill us in, tell us your dental story.

I’ll start us out.

Before PFS, I had a good dental history. Regular checkups showed few cavities over my life.

Since PFS, my teeth are a constant problem. I have recessed gums, cracked and broken teeth, two that just broke off.

My recent dental visit was a shock: the dentist suggests I have six of my remaining uppers pulled and get a partial denture. We didn’t explore the lowers yet!

At this moment, I have two molars that have become exceedingly temperature sensitive and another that just started aching overnight! The soonest I can get in for extractions is May’s end (if I don’t shop around.) A month of constant aches that spread to my jaw and ear.

I lay all this on PFS, I had good teeth 5 years ago. How about you? Jim

2 Likes

Same here out of the blue my gums started receding 8 years ago. Prior to this I had a very healthy mouth and good oral health, hygiene. This was just prior to discovering pfs. At this time i still had my face and masculine physique but couldn’t shift excess body weight. I had 2 gum grafts neither held. I’ve had 6 crowns and teeth lengthening surgery. The recession continues. Roots exposed. Thinning jaw line, jaw ache and very sensitive teeth, can hardly brush them at times, brushing sensitivity seems worst at night. All remaining teeth have turned yellow and ridged too

2 Likes

I had two upper left molars pulled this afternoon. One had a little abscess started and may have been the one causing pain. Guess I’ll know later on today if the pain don’t stop! Next appointment in 4 weeks to get three more pulled. What a way to spend the summer! Jim

2 Likes

My teeth are still fine. Never had a cavity in my life.

My gums are more sensitive though. It’s very important to brush with ultra soft bristles and the right technique.

Also I get way, way more plaque/tartar so I visit the dentist every year, before I went every other year but I could have gone longer between visits.

1 Like

Anyone here with low vitamin D? This could be involved in the problem.

1 Like