Denied disability

I don’t think I can comprehend life anymore even in this state of mind I’m having to fight for a right to receive benefits from the government. Today I was denied disability, this illness is too much.

7 Likes

You should appeal.

It took me over 2 years to get on disability but I probably could of got it sooner if I had of appealed the first decision.

1 Like

I was told, at least in the US, that one must almost always file an appeal after being denied initially before receiving benefits. My father was bed-bound, yet still rejected for disability on the first application. Standard procesure I guess.

2 Likes

I think you may be right it was on the radio this morning that they turn down thousands of people with many not reapplying so it saves them money. I will give it another shot :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Me too Denied

1 Like

It goes without saying that on top of everything else going on in our lives that we are also having to fight for basic essentials to survive.

4 Likes

Don’t know anything about how disability works, but can you file a request based on the secondary symptoms caused by PFS? You could to a psychologist/psychiatrist and get a dx for panic disorder, anxiety, depression or anything else caused by PFS and those symptoms would qualify you for disability. They may not recognize PFS, but I would think they may cover for neuropsychiatric problems that disable you from working. Disregard if you’ve done this but I would be curious why it didn’t work.

one foot in front of the other man.

get through all of this BS and all your obstacles in life will be a breeze

Thanks mate that means a lot.

1 Like

I think you have a very valid point they do cover you under these but only if you’ve seeked treatment as in medication, psychiatrist this all goes on your medical record so they pull that up when evaluating the person.

Fuck, I feel for you. What country are you from? I was able to apply for disability through my psychiatrist but only after going through several medications with him. This was a few years back before I developed PFS. I am scared I might lose it next year though as my provincial government is seeking to make cases due to mental illness and cancer ineligible for disability. Any pretense to ascribe their policies to simply a difference in ideology is just civility fetish hogwash. What they’re doing is just pure fuck-you-got-mine psychopathy. The funny thing is they’ve reneged on many similar major cuts and wasted hundreds of millions of taxpayers’ dollars to reverse them after people complain. Fucking idiots, but I digress.

Have you tried asking on reddit for advice?

I don’t know what your medical treatment history is but you might be able to get treated now for the neuropsychiatric symptoms you have. I don’t know if medicine is required or not but maybe you can find a work around if you don’t want to take the medication.

I’m not saying these things are easy at all, but maybe there is a way to figure out how to change your application so that it will get accepted if not for PFS. If any other guys have experience with applying for disability where Papasmurf lives (I think US) would be nice to give some guidance here on what has or hasn’t worked.

Wow what can I say…that is deplorable to take disability away from those suffering from mental health but especially cancer patients who outright cannot work. These two things wouldn’t be so pronounced in todays world if they weren’t poisoning the fucking world excuse my language. I’m seeking advice now from the citizens advice bureau, I could go over the edge any minute with all this pressure and I don’t even have the energy to get out of my bed and I have to fight this.

They’d want to put me on SSRI’s and I don’t think I’m willing to go there because of the nature of my current condition. So I’m caught at a crossroads, perhaps if I agreed to psychiatric help they might give me it then again I’d probably convince them to throw me in a nuthouse because I’m unstable at the minute and PFS is 100% to blame imagine ringing going off in your ears 24/7, all joints aching and chronic fatigue to add to the mix amongst other shit. I’m from Northern Ireland btw.

4 Likes