Deconstructing depressive ideas that appeared during Finasteride intake: a path towards healing?

I wonder how many of you have had the same experience as me:

• during my intake of Finasteride (2 months, 4 years ago) I remember that I was having very sad/depressive/pessimistic ideas about people around me and about the world. Ideas that I hadn’t had before.
  • after discontinuation, some of those ideas remained in my mind, with decreased intensity but they were still there.

So I wonder if there is some sort of post-traumatic stress disorder involved in PFS (stress caused by those exotic/strange/unusual ideas).
It took me years to dissolve/forget some of those exotic ideas, and I feel much better/relieved each time I forget them (less depression, better mood, even some libido, but am not sure if there is a link here).

I don’t know much about medicine, but who knows if there is some body-mind connection involved in PFS: dissolve those depressive ideas (and new neurological bonds) that were stranger to your mind before Finasteride, and then cure PFS?
As if we had to tell our brain: don’t go there anymore, come back, forget that path you took by accident, that’s not you.

1 Like