Dear Propeciahelp Community

A year ago, axolotl and awor sat together and began working on multiple projects that were designed with the purpose of getting us out of this mess in mind. One of these projects was the survey, and after months of hard work it is finally here. But the kicker is that there are a significant number of active members that are a part of this community that haven’t taken part in it. If we don’t try to help ourselves by doing something so easy, how can we expect to drive the issue forward? I don’t think most here realize how empowering this could be for us. If we had a couple hundred patients data in an organized form, describing their symptoms and stories, it would be a lot more powerful than it is in it’s current form. Also, scientists would be a lot more interested in the outcome as it would be standardized data and validated scales used in medical research.

I urge everyone reading this to both take the survey, and reach out to everyone else in the community to take part in it as well. Try to reach out to at least two of your friends that you’re in contact with here and get them to do it as well. It costs us an hour of our time and it’s one of many things we can do to be happy again. I’m turning 20 this week and I’d like to celebrate my 21st birthday feeling like we’ve advanced this issue and are making progress. It’s sad that although individually I am doing better than I was this time last year, as a group we’re still in the same place. Let’s keep things moving.

15 Likes

Thank you, and happy birthday :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Take the survey people! 20 minutes!

3 Likes

I just want to share a few thoughts on why I think there hasn’t been more people participating in the survey.

The first thing I can think of is fatigue and the inability to comprehend and understand instructions clearly due to impaired cognition/brain fog.
I believe you can work around this issue by filling it out in short bursts, instead of trying to tackle it all at once you can spend 5 - 10 minutes every day working your way though each section, save your progress and come back the next day, slow and steady wins the race and the hardest thing is getting started :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The second thing I can think of is that the survey isn’t mobile friendly and the most common device the average person has access to would be a mobile phone, many people don’t have laptops or desktops, i’m a desktop user myself, but if you have neither that could be an issue as I initially filled out the survey on mobile during the testing faze myself, so it was a bit awkward.
My recommendation would be to try borrow a laptop off anyone you know and fill it out then, if that’s not possible I’d recommend a local internet cafe or library.

If none of these options are viable, just try fill it out on your phone or tablet and request the desktop site view on your internet browser, that may possibly make it easier to see all the contents on a smaller screen.

Remember! Filling something out is certainly better than nothing, even if it’s not as perfect as it would be on desktop, just try to get started, the more the better! :blush:

4 Likes

@borax, do you mind if I borrow your post to try to encourage people from other sites with PAS and PSSD to participate?

It was well-put, logical, and heart-felt. People say they don’t want to hear doom an gloom, but seem to be too bothered to contribute to something that will help progress. It’s really sad.

btw- Great to hear you have improved and Happy Birthday this week!

4 Likes

Sorry to not participate in survey. I will take survey today!!

5 Likes

Go for it! I totally get what you mean, but we’ve gotta keep pushing it.

Thank you, it comes and it goes, but as a whole I feel like I’m a lot better than last year. And thank you, I plan to try to have a great time.

3 Likes

No problem, I’m so glad this got at least one person on the wagon, let’s try and get a few more guys. Remember, we’re going to be the winners here, no one else.

1 Like

You don’t have to complete the questionnaire in one attempt. Your answers are saved. You can do a few 20-30 min sessions and get it completed that way. We need the survey results in order to attract interest from medical researchers. It’s been designed with this in mind.

If you are unsure about any of the questions pm mods/admin for support they are very understanding and approachable. Don’t be put off if you don’t fully understand a question, we are here to support one another through this difficult time.

3 Likes