Dangerous and misleading views on PFS

Came across this and was pretty disturbed. This is a young hair transplant doctor in Portugal who just went into his own practice. Is this guy serious? How dangerous is this misinformation?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEzmEvijcSk/?igshid=1jhahfipb6sfo

Unfortunately this is to be expected. Hair transplant doctors are currently reliant on finasteride to ensure the results of their work are maintained by their patients. Until we can produce some more evidence this is what we’ll continue to face from people in these industries.

I agree though it’s worrying to see. His arrogance when telling people there’s nothing to be worried about is alarming.

3 Likes

Agree with what you’re saying but there are many hair transplant doctors that do not use finasteride or promote finasteride and are very educated on the (very serious) risks. It is definitely not something that is required or needed as part of a hair transplant – if the transplant is done by a competent surgeon. Fin will potentially help prevent future loss if that is your pattern, but it should have no bearing on the actual transplant, again if done by a competent and good surgeon. There are a ton of guys who get a transplant due to either failure of finasteride or severe side effects from it, or they just don’t want to be on a medication with a published history of causing permanent issues in some men - a lot more than Merck originally disclaimed in their clinical trials and post trial followups.

As you said, the scariest part is his arrogance and telling folks there is nothing to be worried about. That’s extremely poor medicine.

1 Like

It is strongly preferred to focus your attention away from things that are not within your control that make you unhappy. Otherwise you are inflicting suffering on yourself for no purpose which causes stress and will do harm to both your nervous system and endocrine system. You will actually make your PFS worse.

1 Like

That’s the hardest thing to do man but we have to be strong. If only the symptoms weren’t so impactful. I walk around and feel my penis retracting it’s hard to be positive

Agree with this.