Daily broccoli: pros and cons

2 and a half years ago after quitted finasteride, improving little by little, I have again experienced impotence and watery semen after 5 days eating a lot of broccoli. Broccoli does not inhibit 5arII but prevents the formation of DHT and strogen, both necessary for male sexual activity. I can have an erection when I choose and good amount of semen, but I´m sure that too broccoli during 5 days has caused a little relapse due to my PFS condition.

I just want to inform, broccoli is a super food and probably best vegeteable of all, but eat a lot suppresses much of the DHT. Hopefully I had eaten daily broccoli instead Finasteride 4 years ago.

***Ok I think that CRUDE broccoli can be good for PFS but twice or three a week at moderate doses, its a superfood, detoxifies sistem and regulate hormones, reduces estrogen and DHT, so consume too much can aggravates temporally PFS sexual effects, I believe this but I don´t want demonize broccoli, really broccoli can help in all other symptoms.

Didnyou ever tested your levels of T, DHT and E2?

No, but its the first time after 2 and a half years without finasteride when I had felt totally impotent. Maybe can be I have consumed some sugar these days but broccoli is an potent inhibitor of DHT. Now, after 2 days without broccoli I had check my erections are ok already.

Thanks for the info @finashit. Can you tell us how much you ate?

How much was too much for you?

Maybe 1 kg (2.2 lb) in 4-5 days

1 Like

Thanks for the warning.

If you (or anyone reading) are able to pinpoint any other food causing negative effects, please make a thread about it.

Ok I think that broccoli can be good for PFS but twice or three a week at moderate doses, its a superfood, detoxifies sistem and regulate hormones, reduces estrogen and DHT, so consume too much can aggravates temporally PFS sexual effects, I believe this but I don´t want demonize broccoli, really broccoli can help in all other symptoms.

1 Like

after sides I ate a lot of broccoli not for days or weeks but for months. Never got any sides. It initially helped me altot but then slowly weaned off.

Didnt you have a snapback for the positive? Listen after I was eating brocoli and asparagus for a week and stopped taking brocolli BOOOOOOOOM I had 1 day ultra DHT and was in brain also, I was noticing that type of alpha male behaviour and sexuality. Brocolli doesnt allow DHT to bind to the prostate also. Please if you could repeat the same proccess maybe we get into something.