CYP3A4 and Quercetin, is it safe ?

I resume an old post, can quercetin be used safely ? Its said to act initially as an initial inhibitor then as an inducer of CYP3A4.

Currently is one of the most important things able to keep me on feet, remove nasal mucus and giving strenght, it also removed alot of problems post propecia quit:
Frequent Urination
Nasal flogosis
Mucus
Disfagia
Muscle pains
Also strenght and resistance

It actually looks to be also a powerful inhibitor of aromatase, my total testo before using finasteride was 3,56 ng/ml in the 2009 after a month on Quercetin+Bromelain I was 625 ng/dL that’s almost the double of what I had before finasteride.

After around 24 hours I need to take it back because I start to get sides back, Muscle pain and Nasal flogosis(1st), with mucus(on back of and disfagia) and if I wait more around 32 hour, i get a peak of mental fog and weakness.
What I don’t know is if it’s safe to take long term.

I’m taking this from 1 month and 10 days now.

1 Like

your post is interesting. are you still taking quercetin?
I found Mast Cell Activation Disorder (MCAD), Chronic Illness, and its Role in Methylation
geneticgenie.org/blog/2013/01/31 … thylation/
and they suggest to treat MCAD use Neuroprotek that contains the bioflavonoids Luteolin, Quercetin, and Rutin.
don’t know if this is coincidence or our condition is related to immunsystem disorder?
Any body knows mayorc1978?

Yes in my case is the top supplement, and the single most useful, I actually feel when I forget to take it.
I recovered alot of problems, mental fogginess has reduced alot, when I forget to take Quercetin it usually returns but is alot less invalidating than before.
Artritic pain is no more, I got better tolerance to carbos now, first I couldn’t even eat 50 g of rice a day, I did a low carbo diet for a month than progressively recovering it’s usage.
I’m doing a Paleo diet, no glutein, no casein, and it’s doing wonders.
I’ve still a few gastroenteric problems here and there (HPylory too), but much better than before. Every month that passes I recover something.
I’ve recovered dreaming ability, but i don’t dream too often, still no sexual dreams though.
Night boners now happen more easily, but still not as hard as I was before Propecia.
Also foods that seem to give me boner easily is Pumpkins i don’t know but I think that the contain vitamins and minerals that help in that sector.

Looks like that Propecia affect immune system so it’s possible to get those Mast Cell Activation Disorder is a consequence, or it’s possible to get improper immune response because taking it could cause leaky gut.

Yu are crazy! Quercitin is antiadrogen!