Curious discovery re numbness

Genital numbness is a terrible thing. The worst it is the more I am depressed. I think many would agree here. You feel less than a man.
It is not clear what causes it, but the consensus is that, like most our problems, it is hormonal. Clearly, it correlated with low libido, and other symptoms so it must be.

However, since I have tension in my pelvis muscles (pre-fin, curious how several of us had that too?) I try to massage the pelvic area. You can read about all the massages you can do to the area both external and internal, some of them have saved my life because CPPS is a nightmare.

Long story short, massaging muscles in and around the pelvic area, mostly in the glutes, upper legs, and mostly internally, causes immediate changes to my numbness (worse usually but sometimes better). Can someone explain why? If this is supposed to be only hormonal, there should be no change. I read about a PT curing a guy from genital numbness through rigorous glutes massage. I can find the link but I am sure I saw such things.

I am convinced our problem is hormonal but I find this curious, as well as the fact that numbness changes with walking (made better but sometimes also worse, depends).

Can someone please try and report back? We might be up to something here. I wonder whether our prostate shrank following Fin which can potentially have a mechanical effect on numbness i wonder.

Please try, it is harmless, just get a roller, go to PT, or massage with your hands. If someone else experience changes we might be up to something.

I’m always surprised that people don’t find some information like this, and it’s right here in the forums. Google is your friend man.

There’s an entire huge thread on this here called “pelvic floor dysfunction” or something. Started back in 2011, I believe, can’t find it right now. Basically states that the numbness we feel is caused by a wall of muscles between our pelvis being tensed up, squeezing nerves and cutting off signaling. I believe user “moonman1” posted in the thread saying he cured his numbness but it reverted when he stopped the massages/exercises.

I believe this to be a factor in numbness. After reading that thread I went to a pelvic floor therapist and had one (expensive) session and afterwards I had a bit of an “awakening” down there. I plan to go back and begin regular sessions when my funds allow it.

what s the difference between prostate massage

I am well aware of CPPS as a side effect of Fin. I personally had CPPS even before Fin. That is not the issue. I just did not come across people talking about numbness being a mechanical/nerve/muscle problem, but mostly associated with hormones. It comes and goes so suddenly that it was hard to associate with tissue problems.

Numbness get better after DHT or some hormonal intervention. It tends to correlate with libido, but not perfectly. These do not seem to suggest a muscle/nerve problem.

Yet there is some evidence that it is made worse/better by things that affect the internal muscles/nerves. It is very confusing.

If you have the link please send it. I know there are long posts here and there, but what I read did not sound to have reached a conclusion…

Hormones affect the size of the prostate, and the size of prostate affects the tissue around it, the nerves, and so on. We know that the prostate is the P spot for men, and maybe its role in sexuality is underestimated.

You follow my drift? To explain how the numbness is affected by both local and hormonal conditions in PFS sufferers, the prostate sound to be potentially key. The question is: while hormones can go will within a day, and numbness can fluctuate as much, can the prostate size fluctuate any significantly during the day?

hy buddy i too have this numbness it is my worst symptom.
have you tried dostinix i am thinking about it.
my prolactin was high but in range.
i think fin increases estrogen which increases prolactin which causes numbness.
so check that route

@moonman1 did you ever replicate the success you had with massages?

No I was not able to.

i was numb yesterday, today have a little feeling, not much, but based on my ups and downs in general it definitely feels like it’s hormonal… i do think if the nerves are starved of hormones it can cause them to be damaged or inflamed however… it’s all very complicated and intertwined.

have you considered hair test and mineral balancing? I’m on a program, not sure if it will work, but at least there is a roadmap to follow based on periodic testing and adjustments to the vitamins/minerals to get levels back in balance

I do not believe the numbness is permanent as I have temporarily reversed it with something I now realize is risky to play around with, however it’s more likely than not something that can come back as fast as it’s disappeared.

How did you manage it? Very interested…

soy flour lol. temporary recovery. i don’t encourage it or think anyone should do it because it’s extremely risky, but it at least proved to me this isn’t permanent.

How was your numbness post fin?
My is very very bad especially at glans with dry wrinkled skin.
Didensitivity recovered completely?
Kindly answer.

1 Like