Cure for hairloss- the ultimate smack in the face

Not sure if you guys have heard, but there are two pretty new “cures” for hairloss in the work (there’s a conspiracy theory that the infamous Will Smith slap at the Oscars over the alopecia joke was the bring more awareness before the drug comes out- apparently the drug manufacturer was one of the hosts of the Oscars. Not sure how true that is, just heard that somewhere.

Anyway, hearing this actually kinda made me upset…like dang if we had just waited we could’ve been healthy + had this to look forward to.

Eh, just wanted to share

I’m pretty sure both of them just work on the AR directly, right? So they’re just going to have the same issues as current anti-androgens.

1 Like

I’m sure that the same buzz was created when propecia was first on the market. I wouldn’t be here if not for that buzz. Propecia has taught me never to be the fall guy for the as yet unknown side effects when a drug is first introduced to the market. A degree of caution is usually a safer bet. Fool me once etc.

2 Likes

看看这个,他们直接作用于雄激素受体,我猜他们的终极目标,是在肉体上“消灭”脱发群体。

1 Like

From my brief read, one of them worked on the prolactin receptor and was a monoclonal antibody- essentially a human or chimeric antibody which can target specific receptors with much greater specificity than something like finasteride which we know inhibits multiple subtypes of the 5a reductase.

Ah well, just a random thought. Maybe it will also have side effects, who knows.