Cross reactivity

Something I have been thinking about. Someone I know in real life is allergic to both mangoes and cashews, the both of which are in the poison ivy family (Anacardiaceae), lo and behold. I wonder if being closely related increases the chances of a similar reaction. Anyone have an experience in this regard?

Saw palmetto is in the palm tree family (Arecaceae) along with coconut, medjool dates, acai, among others.

Ashwagandha is in the nightshade family along with tobacco, tomatoes, bell peppers (not black/white pepper), potatoes (not sweet potatoes), goji berries, eggplant, belladonna, angel trumpets, among others.

Maca is in the mustard family (Brassicaceae) along with mustard, canola, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, turnip, among other.

Anyone take note of what they react to and compare it to other things in that family?

My macrobiotic guru didn’t like nightshades he said they cool the body out. His food based on corn mash and porridge with soy tofu, black beans and all vegetables out of his garden. Macrobiotics cook all to warm up from inside.

I like the nightshades and that they cool down my body, like tomato’s or potato salads. Eggplants as mousse. And they have a psychotropic effect like artopha, angel trumpet, tobacco if you ever smoked a Cuban cigar…

Some plant families are really deadly like ranunculacea and aconite, some plant families relax like papaver somniferum. I think you show good reactions to one, bad reactions to the other family.

Perverted was all from the pharmaceutical industry. From Opium to heroin from heroin to fentanyl. They cannot stopp it.

1 Like