Creating a Research Website

Is it possible we could get up a website like folding@home to help work on the projects that some of our members are working on?

We can donate our computing power to help crunch the numbers and equations more quickly.

I’m not sure how to set this up, but I’d imagine most of us have a computer we’d be willing to allow to donate processing and gpu power towards speeding up our own research.

We could also have anyone else in the public donate their computers. You could choose to have it run 24/7 or only when you’re not using your computer.

This could potentially speed up our ability to research ourselves. We’ve seen how hard it is for us to accomplish the little research we have whether done in house or at place like Baylor.

I’m serious about helping making this happen. I also wondering if there’s some for profit business we can set up to give 100% towards research. Almost like that math rice game. People play knowing that they are helping people and the ads generate revenue.

We have to speed up our progress by orders of magnitude.

In addition, if we have more power and resources maybe we could use Nebula genom instead of 23andme. It’s the cheapest and most private full genome sequencing website. It does x30 pass which is clinically accurate. It also gives you complete ownership of your dna. You can choose to sell it to research companies or keep it private.

I’d willing to dedicate time and resources here. I think we need to have open minds and start to push progress forward.

3 Likes