Crashed with Ginkgo Biloba

I’m a PSSD suffer for last 4 years. Improved somehow over time. Improved my skin numbness, brainfog and mood. Tried 2 weeks ago 2 pills of ginkgo, had improvements in mood, concentration and perception of the world, it was a rollercoaster of changes. Were more present in life. One week later crashed. Penis is completly numb and ED is present again. Lost sweating again. Lost 10% of emotions that were left. I’m lost and don’t know how to live. Wish at least to return at my baseline. Need some support.

“Ginkgo alone had no effect on T, 5α-reductase, and dihydrotestosterone (DHT), but suppressed androgen receptor (AR), aromatase, E2 and estrogen receptor (ER), and the proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA);”

1 Like

Hi @iull1k,

I’m very sorry to hear that. Was this under the direction of a physician, and have you made them aware if so? I would definitely give it more time. It sounds like you were lucky enough to improve quite enviably before. Although you’re feeling so low now, do bear in mind you’re probably still in the worst of it and you may well return to where you were in a few weeks time. In the meantime please focus on taking care of yourself.

I had just yesterday posted a link to the following warning regarding this from last year. Gingko is antiandrogenic and thus not reliably safe in PFS sufferers. Considering the administrators of this site believe PSSD is mechanistically connected, I would recommend anyone considering this to take the following into account:

Hi mate, I had the same experience my baseline returned a few weeks late. Hang in there

1 Like

Hi @iull1k I had a similar experience with Ginkgo during a crash. The burning headache went for 3 hours but came back. I attributed this to increased blood flow to the brain. I’ve not taken it since I read the warnings on here and that was a week ago, hopefully I don’t crash.

During the headaches I found that by elevating my legs to a 90 degree angle (prop them over a chair or get an elevation extension for your bed) with my head level with my heart most of the pain went away as this increased blood flow to the brain. Perhaps a supplement/protocol that opens up vessels to the brain and increases blood flow will help you long term.

I feel that we are dealing with a brain injury amongst other things while much of the discussions have been based around hormones and diet. Perhaps we should have been seeing Neurologists rather than Endos which have brought little success.

The recommended doses on bottles are for healthy people so we should try to reduce the size to a small fraction and slowly build up. We seem very sensitive to certain things. Again this is all trial and error in which we play Dr and patient on the most complex organ in the body. Hope this helps.

3 months since my crash. I improved a lot mentally. Honestly, i think that mentally i’m better then before the crash. My negative emotions and anxiety are low. Frequent urination and genital itching/pain is way less.
Bad side, i have 0 libido and 0 emotions, bad memory recall, skin anesthesia worse, but somehow more zest for life and it’s easier to work. Suicidal toughts nearly vanished, there is only some cognitive thinking about the reason to live, but maniacal wish to die disappeared.

Interesting thing is that when i was suicidal i had sharpest mind, everything was so clear. Maybe i was suicidal because i realised better how bad is my state.

Very strange.

Just want everyone know that i’m doing better. Suicidal feelings subsided, sometimes i’m feeling that i got some part of libido back 1/10 but it’s better then nothing. I’m doing better cognitive. Hope it’s not temporary.
Thank’s everyone for support even if nobody knows how to deal with this nightmare.

4 Likes

Good to hear you are doing better!

2 Likes

Had sex 2 times yesterday, without a crash yet.

Libido 1/10, Anhedonia 1/10 , but at least i was able to perform and did not crashed.
My grilfriend noticed a scent from me, she told me that there is some strange male smell, i hadn’t any smell before, just soap and perfume.
There is some dark hairs groing on by beard.
My hair changed his aspect and seems more oily even next day after washing. I need to do more frequent baths because the skin is more oily

I think it’s a good sign.

Finger crossed.

1 Like

How are you doing now?

Thank’s for asking. Had a crash 4 days ago. Honestly it’s a rollercoaster, had good days followed by bad days. Had days when i recognized my personality. Something is worse then previous year something is better. Nothing really improved for my life quality.
I’m so tired of all this stuff.

1 Like