Contact publisher of "Meyler's Side Effects of Drugs"?

Could we have the moderators, the Foundation or anyone in this group who is a medical professional or has access to them contact the publishers of “Meyler’s Side Effects of Drugs”, known as “The International Encyclopedia of Adverse Drug Reactions and Interactions”?

Their publication seem to only reference studies that are favorable to finasteride and states comments such as “These adverse events disappeared as soon as the treatment was withdrawn” and “Many of the problems seen with finasteride have undoubtedly been due to its use in unnecessarily high doses”

Given that almost all doctors will take the word of this publication over our own, I feel it’s imperative to also have Meyler’s editors reference the increasing body of research that show long term effects of finasteride among some who have taken it. If we can get that much done, we could start to be taken more seriously by the medical community.

I’ve reached out to Meyler’s online and informed them their latest edition (2016) doesn’t include Merck’s own warning on the drug, and asked how to ensure their next edition includes at least this information.

Below is a link to their listing of Finasteride, which makes it seem as safe as can be:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B9780444537171016887

6 Likes

Hi @NewYorker We’re very busy putting the final touches on our upcoming content series and putting together our research design so I can’t make any promises, but I can see how this could be helpful. Maybe something we can do once we’ve got that out of the way.

4 Likes