Concerned about fertility, please help

is this still the case when blood work shows borderline infertility?

i will tomorrow

Not good. They are posted here: Extensive Lab Reports- Dubya_B

have you prostatitis ?

Is there such thing as a reliable blood marker for fertility in men?

No. Some pain in the prostate area during the crash, but that is long since gone.

i know. i have during the crash too. disappeared over time. But I went to the doctor when I had no pain and high inflammation in my prostate. Do you check it anytime ? Did you have leukocytes from prostate fluid?

Hmm. No, they didn’t report leukocyte counts in my analysis. I didn’t have it tested until 10-11 years after I crashed.

Have you actually been diagnosed with prostatitis?

as well as the father of prostatitis. leukocyte 30. reference 0-2. Even 10 prostatitis

Accutane, which can inflammation the face, can also do in the prostate

what do you think about prostatitis ? symptoms same

I have PAS and my sperm test was fine.

1 Like

i thought LH was the bloodmarker?

how do we test for infertility otherwise

Please ensure you have had a doctor test your semen. Have you actually had a semen test or are you assuming that since your wife/girlfriend has not yet gotten pregnant that it is your sperm? It ‘generally’ takes a year to get someone pregnant. A man with almost zero live sperm can STILL be a father, although they would have to use IVF fertility techniques. Of course, you do not have to be biologically related to a child to be a great father. Living sperm is NOT the most important thing to becoming a father. What about adoption? What about being a step-father? What about giving it some time. Do not sell yourself short.

5 Likes

Ah! Somewhat true. LH is considered a marker for pituitary stimulation of T production in men, and FSH, a marker for pituitary stimulation of sperm production. There is usually some positive correlation between the two to the point where some doctors will only test FSH (less pulsatile fluctuation) and assume levels of the LH based off of that.

However; these are a much less direct indication of fertility in men than AMH is in women and more of a diagnostic tool to find the form of infertility than an actual indicator of sperm count and morphology. In the case of low sperm count due to a testicular failure, FSH will be elevated, in the case of pituitary failure, it will be very low.

Really, a direct sperm count is the only reliable way to gauge fertility in men.

1 Like

this is not one cause. i am suicidal already because sexual dysfunction.

total sperm count = 105 million Ref:39
sperm count= 34 million/ml Ref:15
morphology=1 Ref=4 Low :frowning:
mobility= 26 Ref=40 Low :frowning:

Doc sayed i need varicocele operation. I cant be father this results :frowning: I am so sorry, so depressed. I am fighting suicide. I did this with accutane with my own hands. So sorry.

Do these results mean that you are unlikely to conceive or that you can’t?

i afraid yes

Firstly, your doctor is the one who should be interpreting your results, and it sounds like they’ve said what the next step in your treatment should be.

I’ve googled and found this:

“An abnormal semen analysis also doesn’t mean that you are infertile. Many men with low semen analysis values can still father children — it just might take longer. If you and your partner aren’t able to conceive through sexual intercourse, assisted reproductive technology such as in vitro fertilization might be an option”

I think it might be time for a bit of perspective @yedek1, you’ve got some results, a treatment plan and options to explore. This isn’t something to kill yourself over.

1 Like