Coming out about PFS

I just want to say that I’ve been in this for many years, it started with anxiety, insomnia and ED pre the millennium. I kept it to myself and never mentioned ED even to my closest. Of course there wasn’t anything about Pfs way back then. Over the years as things got worse people were aware that I seemed to have more than my fare share of an increasing number of health issues but the underlying cause remained unknown. Then upon discovering the forum 3.5 years ago “after the shock and horror” I made a point of telling people. It’s been liberating in some respects. I know that by being so vocal I have stopped some people from taking this poison which is a major result in itself.
No one on here should remain hidden, hiding amongst the shadows none of this is our fault but we won’t change anything unless we shake off the cloak of shame.and do something meaningful
Please submit a story, do a video, join the initiatives that @Sugarhouse is leading on. This guy has packed in his career for the cause. We all need to play a part in getting things moving. The lack of awareness has been a major obstacle for this condition. Remove this and fundraising / research etc will naturally follow. Step up guys come on!!! there only ever seems to be the same handful of people who are willing to play their part. Do it for yourself too it’s the least anyone should do on here. Make a difference you may even feel good about yourself. Don’t be a backseat passenger in this. The reasons for doing nothing aren’t justifiable. @Dknighten post reads so much better but he’s basically asking for the same thing on the back of @Sugarhouses request

11 Likes