Cold therapy has worked wonders for me. Could my issue just be Low T?

Cold therapy has been known to increase testosterone heavily. before my crash in january whenever I took an ice cold bath my sexdrive would skyrocket.

Recently (around 10 days ago) I decided I’d lay in the snow for 5 minutes (2 1/2 minutes each side) to help with inflammation and workout recovery I found that I was actually horny again the next day so I continued but now with cold showers and I feel great. Is it possible that emu oil just crashed my test?

It’s also possible that maybe my AR is still shaky because things like iodine (clears out AR) gave me shortlived temporary relief

If your testosterone is low and improved by cold showers, would that be measurable by a doctor?

People here haven’t had much success with boosting testosterone. Having had bodybuilders who have been measuring their levels before and after crash we’re able to see that it’s not an issue of testosterone level. We’re also aware of patients who have very high testosterone after crash or of patients who feel worse when increasing testosterone.

If your symptoms are resolved when doing something as simple as taking a cold shower daily, I’d take that as a blessing and consider that a way of coping with whatever your case may be. You may find that exercising is a preferable way to raise your testosterone as some here have said in the past.

For the reasons above, PFS is unlikely to be treated by either cold showers or lying in the snow.

1 Like

People who think they have PFS should have their Testosterone tested to check that they don’t have hypogonadism rather than PFS. Hypogonadism is easily treatable.

I used clomide to frantically raise testosterone, but the symptoms didn’t change.

yeah I understand that most people don’t see improvements with simply raising test. maybe in my case its just percipitated hypogonadism

I know popping pills is easier, but it’s not a substitute for testing. You’ll still want to know what your levels are, you’ll be prone to placebo effect, you will spend a lot of time and potentially money trying to decide what’s what, and in the end you’ll need to just get a blood test anyway.

1 Like

I wouldn’t put it up to just raised testosterone if you don’t know exactly what that cold shock therapy is doing to you. It’s possible that it is having an effect on the receptor and the hormone levels at the same time. I wish it snowed here in Florida, I would try this out lol.

But my testosterone is very high and I still have all the symptoms of PFS, did you measure your testosterone before doing this? Was it low?

1 Like

Havent measured test while doing this

What about before you did it?

haven’t actually measured test since my crash in december. before that it was 6 months and it was around 400ng/dl I believe

400 is not a terribly small number… It would be interesting if cold shock therapy does more than just raise testosterone. Do you think cold showers would have a similar effect?

400 is low enough to cause low libido and anorgasmia. That is great news. It means you might have hypogonadism rather than PFS. Such being the case, you may be easily treatable rather than in the category of those with PFS, which is still waiting for the community to organize and get scientific research seeded so work toward a cure can begin. I would go see an endocrinologist.

this 400 reading was 6 months before my crash though.
Also @Zonz as long as your balls are feezing cold and shriveling up you’re good

Imho, you should see an endocrinologist. He or she might treat you for hypogonadism. If they treat you and it doesn’t work then you can start thinking about possibility that you have PFS.