Clinical study of post-finasteride syndrome launched

Wow! I asked him the same thing! He laughed hysterically, fell out of his chair and then passed out. I took it as a no.

Its a valid question. Moonman/JN/others have encouraged men to spend money on leaky gut/parasite treatments - sometimes in lieu of donations to the PFS Foundation - the Foundation directly responsible for getting Harvard (HARVARD!!) to do research on our condition. So I am just trying to figure out if I should keep donating to the PFS Foundation OR spend money on parasite test kits. I don’t have enough money to do both…

Yes, I knew where you were going. :slight_smile:

btw- I think you were overly generous in not asking more about their “brainstorming” sessions with Bhasian. Personally, I didn’t offer the Harvard guys any theories. I was embarrassed enough by the physical exam.

Perhaps this is paranoid of me but what if Merck plays dirty and packs the volunteer groups out with its own “employees”. People who have never taken finasteride. You have to remember - big pharma is a filthy world and something like this is not out of the bounds of comprehnsion. Are there mechanisms for considering this?

^ this is total paranoia. the study is being funded by the PFS foundation. They know who they need to talk to.

^ this is total naivety.

I’d put nothing past Merck and it’s not paranoia in the least. I’m at an almost 100% certainty that Harvard has designed safeguards against such a thing in their patient recruitment protocols. To be honest I don’t think it’s something to be too worried about.

Harvard doesn’t take donations from pharm companies so it’s reasonable to believe they take other measures to prevent certain parties with conflicting interests from interfering with their scientific research.

I will only say this:

Let us keep our fingers crossed – and let us keep a close eye on a certain pharmaceutical giant whose slogan is “Be well” (as in “be well” prepared for all the dirty tricks money can buy).

1. PLEASE find a single quote where I have said “do not donate to the foundation, instead spend you money on parasite testing or parasite testing”. I can easily direct you to multiple posts where I encourage people to donate, donate myself, and have gotten MANY accutane and saw palmetto sufferers to donate on this forum and many others.

2. I love everything the foundation is doing. Their hard work is appreciated and awor has done more than any other person as far as I am concerned…but they did not “single handedly” get Harvard involved in PFS research. Dr Bhasin has been working on the beginning phases of this for over 3 years now, far linger than the Foundation has been around. The Foundation has recently agrreed to help FUND it. Which I, and you, should be very grateful for. But really, WHO CARES, either way its amazing news!

3. Bhasin said there could be a multitude of possibilities. He mentioned receptors, the drug could still be in us, said it could be anything and he wouldnt rule out anything.

4. I understand your trying to smite me but please, we all ready have one Oscar, no need for another.

yeah I am sure not only would you have to provide proof of some prescription for coroboration but also some clinical signs and symptoms. Hate to say it but the guy with just a mildly reduced low libido from all this wont be the center of the study.

I also have some good news people, Awor has yet to get back to me with the details, however I am willing to finance a study of the effects of Finasteride with regards to Neurosteroids and their effects on Progesterone/Allo. I am willing to spend up to $100,000 to get this going. Consider my hat thrown in the ring.

I am also reaching out to Dr. Traish.

Thank you.

This is not naivety. It is reasonable. A qualifying factor will be men who have started and stopped taking finasteride and reported side effects. This will be expressed in their medical records.

good. Thank you.

Wow! That’s amazing. I wish I had that kind of money to donate. These research studies and the tiny hope of eventual treatment are the only thing keeping me going these days

Thanks Finatruth, that’s fantastic. Please do keep us all informed on progress on this.

Awesome.

this is all absolutely fantastic.

a huge, HUGE thanks to the people who have worked themselves to the bone to put all of us in this fantastic position.

hope for our cause has never been better.

from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

This is very exciting news. As someone suffering from accutane I feel as though the foundation is now my best hope as well. Thank you to everyone contributing