Clinical Study of PFS Launched at Baylor College of Medicine

Please don’t bump this topic until there’s some news. Please!

It’s just depressing to see it and then all that’s here is the same “how much longer?” Which nobody on this forum has an answer to.

6 Likes

To put this into perspective, I submitted a manuscript in October and just got the reviewer comments back today. They are giving me until July to address them. By the time it is actually published, that could end up being a year. Research takes time, but I would prefer it being so scrupulous as opposed to research of poorer quality being published.

3 Likes

In reply to a now deleted post -

Merck aren’t involved.

Stop insulting the scientists who have worked on this.

Consider not posting in this topic until the study is published.

1 Like

Ok, just removed my post. sry

But the doctor doing the study has consulted and been paid by Merck before.

1 Like

I’m paranoid about the results of the study too but let’s just see what it says first before speculating anymore.

2 Likes

I spoke with Philip at the foundation today and he said realistically it could publish next month or within the next 3 months…So in other words by this summer…

Also it is in Two parts…nobody knows what they are exactly but is 2 and it is kept under tight wraps nobody knows what they found but as I said before it is rumored to be gene disturbances…

12 Likes

gene disturbances are incurable ? Just curious…

1 Like

Nobody knows nothing about this…he has no clue…He said they were looking at sage maybe trying it out solo with a few doc’s help…

Nobody I knew even knew the study was in 2 parts so who knows when the second part would even publish…

He believes 200 thousand people have it and some famous people have it but won’t go public…So it’s hard to believe they cant raise the 300k for more studies yet…

5 Likes

34 posts were split to a new topic: Peripheral discussions regarding Baylor Study

As usual, let’s wait for the study before predicting doom.

It just might be good news!

Why must we always focus on potentially negative outlooks?

I’m sure we’re all having a bad enough time without making ourselves feel worse.

8 Likes

Spot on.

I wonder what the motivation for publishing the research in two parts is. Without attempting to be overly cynical, I certainly hope we don’t have to wait another 5+ years for the second part to be published, especially if it holds a critical aspect to the understanding of PFS.

1 Like

I sincerely look forward to this blowing the lid off of PFS denialism and the denial of post-drug illnesses in general. We need a good “fuck you” study to be published that we can show to our wonderful healthcare providers, who are all too willing to help us find psychological help for a physiological condition.

15 Likes

Surely all the research and evidence uncovered to date should be sufficient to ‘blow the lid’?

We all wish that was so. The lid doesn’t appear to be blown, even after the Irwig, Melcagni, and Cauci studies.

I only say this because there are still PFS victims coming here stating that their doctors dismiss them.

4 Likes

I’m not so sure that the Baylor Study will do anymore to change that…

When should I wait for baylor’s study? Does anyone know anything? I don’t think I can stand it anymore … I’m totally degenerating, I have two hormonal androgenic and estrogenic blocks. I practically have a disability that no longer allows me to do the things I want.

Nobody knows exactly, @Demon.

2 Likes

Ottima notizia!

Sounds to me like they still dont know what’s going on or what pfs is…