Clinical Study of PFS Launched at Baylor College of Medicine

Interesting question/theory raised by Mcbbould in another thread: Could PFS be undetectable with modern day medical equipment? I.e. finasteride produced significant changes, however medical equipment is still so primitive that despite the changes being significant, or many smaller changes adding up to something significant, medicine is unable to detect it in the foreseeable future?

I am just putting this out there as another reason for how a study could, despite it being a forthright effort, not be able to detect anything. I know the merck conspiracy stuff is something many people like to go with since it gives everybody someone easy to blame for the lack of progress in some studies.

I am not saying Baylor wont detect anything, I have no opinion since I cant know. I am just proposing an alternative explanation if they dont.

You’re exactly right. Think about the dollars spent on autism - way more than will EVER be spent on pfs (a small group of guys in a forum). And guess what? No blood test or physical test that can detect autism. Sometimes things are beyond our understanding and always be. For something to go from undectable to curable in a less than 25 years seems pretty impossible. Who knows tho.

Well its all wild speculation. It could also be that they havent looked at the right place. And maybe we are lucky and they find something.

I just find the immediate jump to a conspiracy theory when a complex problem is not solved via one study kind of nutty.

Also think about all the rare diseases that are discovered and that the majority of drugs in development are orphan drugs used to treat rare diseases

i thought the baylor PFS was delayed at times due to “significant findings”

2 Likes

I am not saying that they have not found anything. They may well find something significant, nobody knows for sure. I am just saying that IF they dont find anything it is absurd to immediately jump to the conspiracy theory “explanation”.

2 Likes

ah yes, makes sense

Did a mod involved with the study say this? I read another forum memeber making this claim that there was a significant finding and when I asked him about how he knew he ignored me.

I read the same claim made by that forum member and relayed that information in one of the Baylor-related threads. It was a mistake to do so.

not sure if this poster is a mod, doesn’t say it when i click his name.

hint, he’s posted in this post last year :wink:

Yeah unless it comes from someone directly involved with the study I wouldnt listen to them.

If they say it should be released during the first quarter of this year, then it should be during the next three weeks.

Let’s hope that is true, we’ve been waiting for a lot of years. I remember in 2016 I was convinced the study would be released during that year.

I haven’t been on the forums for that long, but just curious if the Harvard study had this much hype as well.

that sounds terrible… but i agree…

Before anyone gets carried away with undue pessimism before the Baylor study is released, at least consider the fact that the principle investigator has recently published material discussing PFS as a bona-fide medical condition:

The occurrence of persistent adverse sexual, physical, neurological, and psychiatric side effects after 5α-reductase inhibitor is well supported by the existing data. While additional studies are needed to better evaluate the role of 5α-reductase inhibitors in the manifestation of the symptoms of PFS, the risks of PFS should be critically evaluated when treating patients with BPH or AGA.

5 Likes

What is this?

That is just a recap of PFS symptoms and a statement on the importance of researching this. We hope the soon to be released Baylor study will explain why we experience these symptoms.

1 Like

Where is that study being released ? I mean what website do we need to monitor ?

6 Likes

So anyone can enlighten us ? How are you going to find out the study is out there published ?

1 Like

I imagine the PFS foundation would make an announcement very shortly after its release.