Chronic Prostatic Inflammation Using a Human Derived Isolate of Propionibacterium acnes

Here, P. acnes actually decreased the expression of AR in the inflamed prostate.

In addition to inducing an acute and chronic inflammatory response in the dorsal prostate, our model recapitulated molecular features of inflamed human prostate, including diminished expression of Nkx3.1 and androgen receptor in inflamed glands

Going back to this,
This bacteria is everywhere and can get everywhere, its even being linked to neurodegenerative diseases like parkinson’s and alzheimer’s because of the persistent low grade inflammation it can cause.

The only debate has been if there could be protective type propionibacterium strains.
Im not sure about that.
Anyone remember me mentioning this probiotic? Someone else here had taken this as well.

This contains two strains of Propionibacterium freudenreichii.
These are supposedly known as an anti-inflammatory species.
Again im not sure, this probiotic might have caused my eye inflammation.
So something I ingested had a rapid and negative effect on my vision. A bacteria that when some think probiotic think gut, affected my vision.
Get what im trying to say?
Im going to go down the line here with this bacteria, I’ll start with the eyes.
Remember these species are closely related.

Ocular surface inflammation induced by Propionibacterium acnes

In the eye, p. acnes is commonly isolated in the lid, conjunctiva, and meibomian gland secretion. Well known as a causative bacterium of granulomatous endophthalmitis and a potent inflammatory stimulus, reportedly induces a delayed-type hypersensitivity (DTH) response and forms granulomas in the liver and lung in animal models. In this study, we examined whether can induce a DTH response in the cornea.

This bacteria could also cause blockage in the meibomian gland. I know MGD has been brought up here.

Propionibacterium acnes as a cause of visually significant corneal ulcers

P. acnes can produce vision-debilitating keratitis when the cornea is compromised.

^and it did, this is exactly what my Dr said was happening.

How might this relate to PFS?

P. acnes -Driven Disease Pathology

One single bacterium has been found in the eyes, brain, gut, lungs, skin, prostate, sinuses, nose, oral cavity.

Infiltration, followed by embedment and then persistent long term low-grade inflammation.

^Looking at this as a whole, this could be when you might find yourself checking into the ER,
when some of this starts happening.

and you might sort of recover, but your not the same.

What might heal and protect, or even treat drug resistant bacteria from the inside out?
Vitamin A or more specifically retinoic acid.

I have my follow-up eye Dr appointment this Thurs, I’ll see if my eye is fully healed yet.

Something like Fin could give a bacteria like this a window of opportunity by decreasing immunity through a gut dependant mechanism that may involve an altered metabolism of vitamin a.

I used Securil with no adverse effect.

If anything it had a positive impact on my insomnia.

Some could be more susceptible than others, especially if there could be damaged barrier functions or immune insufficiencies that could affect how some bacteria behave. Also a negative reaction might not be specific to p. acnes, but it seems it could be a prime candidate based on literature or studies.

I think this bacteria might have caused some serious sinus issues as well, I feel it in my teeth.
It also made my mucus or snot cold.
Even though there could be an initial inflammatory response many pathogens can eventually trick or evade the immune system from responding to it as it settles in.
Almost think a scifi movie, where there is this initial invasion, then nothing, no response, the body stops fighting the invader.

After I had developed the corneal ulcer, my eyes went cold. I could feel the coldness.
So many with PFS have seemed to notice cold spots at times.
Thats why I said I think there will need to be some sort of heat generation for the body to fight and recover from PFS. To stimulate immune response and repair.
This could be at many different body sites from the testicles to the brain to the skin.

Some notes.
This enzyme breaks down HA or hyaluronic acid.
This could make you look 20 years older.

Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging - NCBI - NIH](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3583886/)

Hyaluronidases are enzymes that degrade hyaluronic acid, a component of the extracellular matrix. Hyaluronic acid is present in tissues throughout the body, including bones and joints, contributing to the viscosity of synovial fluid and the lubrication of joints. It is also a part of the extracellular structure of chondrocytes involved in tissue healing. The ability of bacteria to degrade hyaluronic acid may be a virulence factor, enabling penetration of hyaluronidase-producing organisms into tissues rich in hyaluronic acid, including joints, creating an advantage for establishing growth in articular spaces.

A variety of Gram-positive human pathogens excrete hyaluronidase , an enzyme that may enable bacterial spreading and tissue penetration

Hyaluronidase in Clinical Isolates of Propionibacterium acnes

A hyaluronidase gene and hyaluronidase production were detected in 100 and 97% of P. acnes isolates, respectively.
Differences in hyaluronidase activities of P. acnes strains isolated from acne vulgaris lesions and strains from normal human skin could not be found.

^This tells me all p.acnes strains could have the potential to become pathogenic.

The Skin Bacterium Propionibacterium acnes Employs Two Variants of Hyaluronate Lyase with Distinct Properties

The study could help to explain phylotype-specific properties of P. acnes regarding its tissue invasion potential.

Our study suggests that HYL is an important trait or ‘host adaptation factor’ for P. acnes that might play roles in nutrient acquisition, habitat colonization, and/or tissue invasion and bacterial spread.