Chronic fatigue syndrome similarities

I think this has been mentioned a number of times given its similarities to pfs. My GP referenced it as recently as 2 days ago. To me it’s simply a catch all for unexplained symptoms I believe often developed on the back of taking prescribed medication. It’s been around for years increasing in numbers. I expect there’s quite a few sufferers of the 5ari family sitting with cfs as a diagnosis without realising the cause. Below makes for grim reading but ties in perfectly with what we complain of.

. https://me-pedia.org/wiki/List_of_deaths_caused_by_myalgic_encephalomyelitis_or_chronic_fatigue_syndrome

I also sourced another article yesterday which showed that a cohert of cfs patients were enrolled on to a programme where very light exercise, fasting and strict food elimination diets were utilised which saw an improvement in symptoms- interstingly it was noticed that too much too quickly crashed participants. Overall one going from being bed bound to being at a self reported state of 80% better. The wider cfs community were sceptical of the programme. All very similar to what we see on here.

2 Likes

There is a lot of talk in mould forums that cfs is actually mould illness. I firmly believe mould illness is what we have with pfs. It distrupts every biological function. There are mycotoxin tests available to check.

You can get very sick and unspecific stuff from mould but saying PFS is mould is just not right. I live in a fresh apartment and it’s 100% mould free. I also got tested for mould antibodys/allergy and had no reaction.

It’s just unlikely to be mould, if everyone was living in old mouldy buildings someone would have noticed by now.

Dont assume you arent living or working or even your car having mould. My newly renovated home which has no signs visable of mould had 10 times the safe amount of mycotoxins when tested. You may also have mycotoxins in your system they stay there for decades from a previous home or work. They dont come out unless you use specific binders for the particular mycotoxin. It affects hormones, gut health, neurotransmitters, brain, food intolerances, hpa axis dysfunction (adrenal) mental health, sexual function, nerves. Sound familiar. Finasteride blocks the glutathione detox pathway which is one of the mycotoxin detox pathways. Hence allowing toxins to build up.
You can get a mycotoxin test from great plain labs or realtime labs to be sure.

You would have to test for mycotoxins not mould, while related the tests would be different.
There are some other tests available, they are listed on the toxic mould Australia website, many tests are only available in the USA.

Mycotoxins also dont have to originate from a building, it could be from food, coffee, smoking mouldy weed.

Thanks for the input @aerozsmith I’ve looked into this before, the symptom list is strking. Funny enough im going to try ozone therapy which is also deemed helpful for mycotoxin detoxification. how’s things with your own endeavours I remember u were trying to heal the gut have u made any headway.

I have been trying a few different things with no improvement unfortunately, i did some very stricts diets to try and heal my intestinal lining which didn’t work, it was pretty disheartening.
I even tried a 28 day water fast.
Thats why I started to question why cant I heal my gut. There was a lot of talk about finding the root cause on leaky gut facebook groups, which is where mould was hinted at a few times.
Thats when i got our house tested. My partners urine mycotoxin test came back high also.

I am now waiting for our house to be remediated for mould then we are both going to try and detox, which they say takes 6 to 12 months.
If then I have any changes this forum will be the first place I tell.

Let us know how the ozone treatment goes. Hopefully brings you some improvement.

1 Like

That’s very disheartening re the 28 day fast, in theory thats enough time for permeability issues to resolve. I’ve done up to 4 days on a few occasions and 48 hours on a regular basis. I think it has helped a little if just by giving the digestive system a rest, my sight always improves during this time.

I have not ruled out mold and when I developed RA as a teenager there was damp down 1 wall in my bedroom. Low Allo and androgens could also be a/ the reason for the gut issues, quite a few potentials. I will look into getting tested for mycotoxins. Detoxing has always been high on my list.

I’ll advise on ozone and thanks for keeping us updated. Good luck @aerozsmith

1 Like

Just regarding vision, take a look at this, you might find it interesting and its a free online test.

1 Like

Thanks mate I think it is very intersting. I put some of it at the door of jnsulin resistance but I’m aware it’s more than that.

Has anyone tried low dose naltrexone ?

That’s one of the best things you can take for CFS.

Still benefiting from LDN? I started at 4.5mg a couple weeks ago… don’t feel much different so far but sticking with it.

1 Like

Did you try ozone?