Chinese patients are about to start seeking help

Finasteride is a common drug in China, and many pharmaceutical companies are producing it. As a Chinese patient, I hope to contact these pharmaceutical companies (about 20) to explain finasteride syndrome and seek help. Do you think it is feasible? And what reasonable suggestions?

1 Like

By the way, I am very supportive of the research projects funded by the forum. I think it is only a matter of time before we solve the “pathogenesis”. However, as a group of patients with rare diseases, it is very difficult for us to develop antidotes without the participation of drug manufacturers. A rare disease drug for gene therapy is extremely expensive. If it is unprofitable, no one will go through this muddy water

I would expect, though I don’t know, that you won’t be acknowledged by anyone who is profiting from the sale of Finasteride, etc.

Most of these manufacturers will simply work to the direction of health authorities.

Unless you can prove a link between your symptoms and the drug then you will be unlikely to get anywhere. And that is where we are.

By all means do what you feel is right but I don’t think you’ll be able to definitively convince people of the existence of pfs without a diagnostic test and currently there isn’t one.

I am glad to have you with us, though neither of us want to be here. Perhaps you could consider working with us to bring more Chinese patients to our forum and campaigns.

3 Likes

Greek, I have fed back this matter to China’s drug administration department, but their reply to me is whether it will be accepted in 15 days, and there will be a final reply in 60 days. In addition, I have mobilized another patient to do the same thing with me. What should I do now?

I can’t really advise on the specific interactions. Perhaps wait to see what they say?

1 Like