Changes in Body Odor and/or Earwax production

Backfromhell- and I’m recovering libido but not insomnia. This f’ing syndrome

Finatruth, I never noticed the insomnia or the mental fog because I have always felt that way my whole life. So I always took things to boost myself, I wouldn’t worry about insomnia, it is more than likely due to stress over the situation than PFS. I recommend medical marijuana or try to get your dr to write you xanax, if you sleep, you will feel a lot better.

That was usually the case with me for a long time, one armpit much stronger than the other, in retrospect, it probably started when I started finasteride at 21. I gave off good pheromones before pfs, sexual partners used to tell me my natural scent was really nice. Now I smell like nothing! When I get better I start to give off more pheromones, you never realize you would miss things like natural under arm scents you know? I just feel that that biochemical scent is so important. I just feel so much is missing, even on hormones, but I always check if I have any scent, if I do, it is after I have recovered a lot on one of my boosts.
For the record, if you tie DHEA every day, it will help a lot and you will start to give off some scent. I stopped DHEA as I seemed to lose hair every time I took it. DHEA is amazing though, it will help you for a good 8 hours, if you take it.

Finatruth for sleep , at least relief, try mianserin 30mg, cut it in 8 parts and take one.
I have never found anything working so well with no sidee effects… My neurologist yesterday was so surprise, he even told me thats like a homeopathic dosage lol

Xptriado- thanks I’ll try it

Justquit- no stress, 5 days after I crashed I developed a tremor , never slept more than 8 straight hours since then

But if ure insomnia is due to tremors its goibg to be linked to dopamine, mianserin may not help, in fact if u go over those 3mg to the recommended dosages ure goibg to make th tremor worse.
I am going to try increasing my dopamine through uridine+gpc choline+dha…
When ill have news ill post them in the forum

Finatruth, do you have access to medical marijuana? It helps me quite a bit, maybe that’s why I don’t notice it, plus I take xanax as well which I noticed helps the muscle spasms in my legs. I am though convinced the muscle spasms are a secondary reaction due to the lack of 5AR enzymes from PFS causing a vitamin deficiency. I say this because I had IV vitamin treatment done, that seemed to improve all my symptoms, but only for a couple days.
I am currently trying to get ahold of an intramuscular multi vitamin shot, I do not believe oral supplements are strong enough. Though I recommend magnesium, it may help, though the muscle spasms seem to happen when my 5AR enzymes have run out and the side effects from 5AR enzymes stop, then my muscle spasms start in my legs and all the hormones are intermittently working. Do you guys get muscle spasms only in your legs or other places too?

Yes I have a kind of muscle spasms in my head , especially when I go to sleep.

@sonder: do you have it in your neck?

the muscle spasms upon sleeping may be PLMD and may be connected to low dopamine. any of you tried a dopamine agonist or raising it somehow?

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: no body odor and no sweating from armpits

Has anyone told you that your body odor has changed? Please no exaggeration, just honest answers.

My ex told me that my BO is no longer nice. This is before we parted ways. A new girl I am with just told me I have “old people smell”.
I used to receive complements on my BO now I feel like an old fart…

anyone?

3 Likes

Yes, before PFS I smelled healthy. Now I have extremely dry skin, don’t sweat and don’t seem to have much body odor as long as I use deodorant and soap on my armpits everyday. And I’m using the natural deodorant sticks which don’t work as well as the SpeedStick/OldSpice types. But during the first couple years of PFS I got a lot of cold sweats during the night or when I was doing public speaking and got nervous, as soon as my armpits and the palms of my hands would start to sweat, I would release horrible odors just like a skunk. It went away eventually when I started taking supplements to treat the many other side-effects I have, then I had old people smell, which is also awful but much better than repelling scores of people within 50 feet of you by being a walking biohazard. Even though I’m older now I probably smell younger than I did in my early or mid 20s.

Yes, after my crash i stunk of ammonia. This happens often with chronic infections.

cant remember smelling any different when I crashed,but can remember the really strong metallic taste in my mouth for days…

I think I remember that. But the anti-biotics I took also had a metallic taste (and the pharmacist told me this in advance). It’s not necessarily a strange side-effect.

@zadig777 and @Dubya_B do you guys notice that you lack strong body odour now as well?

1 Like

I do. There is only a very slight hint of BO on rare occasions now.

1 Like

Yes. My body stopped producing my scent as soon as PAS hit. The scent used to peak just after ejaculation. Now theres nothing.

2 Likes

My body odor stayed the same, but my ear wax has become dry and flaky.

Mine fluctuates (always weaker than it was) but it’s generally a good indicator of how I’m going to feel for the day. If there’s some scent, I’m gonna have a good day.

1 Like