Change body consistency

I definitely can’t exercise like I used to, I can’t even run anymore since my joints are a mess. I used to love lifting weights and getting a pump but now I have to force myself to go to the gym every other day and I get really exhausted even with light weights I’m 1/4 as strong as I used to be.

If you notice a lot of the pfs symptoms especially these physical symptoms are symptoms of kidney damage…I have made posts about it here earlier after I found baking soda seem to have a direct effect on the actual condition itself rather than just making you feel better as some have found with various hrt programs…

Then they just released a paper showing finasteride can cause kidney damage I am just wondering if there would be now way to get a diagnosis of this? Muscle cramps, twitches, skin change and fatigue because kidneys secret hormones that aid red blood cell prduction and how the body uses and transports oxegyn…

1 Like

I had this muscle pain when I crashed have it still, not as severe as it was before. I was barely walking becuase of that pain in the legs, also randomly some days I would wake up and get really bad pain in the muscles like I was overtrained the last day. Stangely dunno why but the muscle pain was always located in my legs, never had it in the upper body.

If you reduce carbs, especially sugar, the migraines will most likely go. Try less than 20 gr of carbs a day.

By the way, I had spitting migraines, 5 days a week, for 4 years. It stop the third day I stopped carbs and never came back (and so did the carbs, ha ha ha !). I replaced carbs with saturated fat and lost 25% of my weight. Meat and saturated fat are very satiating. You feel full with less, therefore calorie intake is lower. Plus you body gets used to burning fat as energy so you lose weight (and lose the extra water, stored in carbs)

Ozeph it’s a little different here man. Nothing about my body is the same. It’s not like I’ve lost muscle from not hitting the gym, or I’ve gained a little fat. The actual skin and everything is different man. I lean on a table and that indention is in my skin for 10-15 minutes. I get out of bed or a chair and the indention is there. I can brace and do a plank or a single pushup and within an hour my muscles are sore from that. It is a complete change in how my body systems operate man. I have taken your advice and lowered my carb intake, and that seems to have helped definitely.

2 Likes

If any kind of kidney damage was done, wouldn’t kidney function labs show something abnormal? Has anyone with physical symptoms undergone extensive kidney testing?

Thats what I am trying to find out…read the symptoms…

I understand and that’s why I’m talking about diet: it affects the whole body.

28 years ago, I went to Mexico, slept on the beach, got up at sunrise and then spent the whole day with only a swimming suit and no sunscreen until sunset. I got so burned my face was swollen, I could barely open my eyes and my whole body peeled… Twice.
After that and for the last 28 years, I had large dark spots all over my face and body. That is, until I did this ketogenic diet for 11 months. Most of the spots in my face disappeared, not in one month but gradually over 11 months, and the remaining ones are lighter and fading away.

I’m 51. My face has less wrinkles now, barely any, than a year ago. Also I used to bruise very easily. I would just carry a heavy box and I’ll have bruise on my arms. After 11 months of diet, I don’t bruise. Even after my motorbike accident, during which I felt on my hip, I didn’t bruise although the hip was painful for a few days.
I had a pre-cancer something (complicated name I don’t remember) patch on my back. It was like a bump, scratchy and itchy and I had it for decades. In the last 11 months, my body rejected it and it peeled away.
I had dandruff and red patches on my scalp: disappeared. My skin is more elastic and radiant than before.
Those are all skin issues fixed by the diet.

Not to mention pain in some joints, the hips and knees, and I was tired all day, couldn’t always walk, couldn’t climb two flights of stairs without a break in between. All went away.

A few more things went away within the first week of completely cutting carbs and increasing meat and animal fat: brain fog, anxiety, depression and splitting headaches I would have 5 days a week, for the whole day. I haven’t had a single headache in 11 months. Eventually I could exercise and carved myself a nice six pack instead of the pregnant belly pot I had.

That was done not just by reducing carbs but by cutting them off 100%. I’m not saying it would entirely fix your problem in a week, but I’m positive you would see skin and energy improvements. And by the way: it’s healthy, not dangerous. The trick is to push slowly while doing the transition in order to not rush the body.

Some people are complaining about spasm: ketogenic diets have been used for a hundred year to reduce spasm in epileptic patients. The diet reduces Glutamate and promotes GABA. It improves memory even in Alzheimer patients. What am I to do ? Bring up ketogenic diet every time someone complains about anxiety, spasm, brain fog, headaches, fatigue, derealization or skin problem ?

It’s weird the first thing a veterinarian would ask for a sick dog is what it’s been eating, while our doctors barely ever ask what we’re eating. Diet is no joke: you are what you eat !.

It’s so annoying !. People are eating like dumpsters, obesity is up, IQ is falling (yeah, you gain IQ points by going keto !), anxiety, depression, arthritis, diabetes, heart attacks, strokes are all up and the pharmaceuticals are making money. People think it’ normal to eat 300-400 gr. of carbs a day, the RDI is 130 gr. minimum supposedly just for the brain to function and that’s bullshit. I had less than 10 gr. a day for 11 months and my brain just got better. You can thrive on 0 gr. a day and I’ve done it for weeks.

But I get censored when I bring this on social media. It’s too much against conventional norms. 2019 ? might as well be George Howell’s 1984. I can’t go against the direction the whole of humanity has chosen. So I’ll just sit back, shake my head in disbelieve and feel sorry for all this suffering. (It’s not like 7 billion people can all only eat meat. There’s just too many of us). I think I’ll just go back to write on my own threads to document what I’ve done to recover if it interests anyone.

Meanwhile sleep is back to 8 or 9 / 10 and that’s my last pfs symptom. I crashed a little over a year ago. I’m not cured but I believe I will within 3 years.

Lol. Sorry for throwing a tantrum. I guess this very moment is the moment I’m accepting things as they are and choosing to stop wanting to change things I have no power upon. From this point on I should cool down.

To the administrators: If you choose to ban me, please let me download my logs before you do so. I want to write down a protocol that would be safe when started from the first week after the crash. Something that doesn’t involve supplements before at least 3 month and avoids drugs altogether if possible (and I wouldn’t be the one suggesting drugs. There’s an army of doctors out there to do that). It would be something along the lines of slowly going into a healthy and safe low carbs diet as early as possible to avoid the damage done in those first 3 months.
Also I understand what you’re doing and have no grudge. I appreciate the effort of putting up this forum, I think it’s helping many.

100% Keto is the way to go. I had suffered with extreme weight gain (mostly water) and high liver enzymes and two weeks into a keto diet I had dropped 15 lbs and my enzymes were perfect. Over the last 3-4 months, I’ve dropped another 15lbs and am 30lbs lighter than my heaviest.

2 Likes

Hi 27_amp_sacred

Beside weight loss, did you feel any improvements ? To your brain (neurological symptoms) or to your skin ?

Did you have more energy or felt like your brain was faster, more focused ?

Absolutely, all of the above really. My sleep is much better, meaning that I get tired around 9:30 each night and am able to sleep through the night. Focus throughout the day is consistently there as well. I’m really, really pleased with the body’s response so far.

1 Like

I’m really glad to hear this.

Spread the news around with me ! If there a single, not dangerous thing someone can do to improve pfs on most aspects, it’s this diet.

And now it became easier. While you’re transiting from carbs to ketones as your source of fuel, you can take beta-hydroxybutyrate salts (commonly BHB salts). They provide large amounts of ketones and puts you in ketosis in 1 hour.

So it’s as simple as cutting sugar and carbs completely, eating fatty meat and saturated fat, then on the second day the body’s glucose reserve are depleted and you start feeling weak and craving carbs. Put 10-15 gr of BHB salts in a glass with water, drink it, in 1 hour you’re in ketosis, feel the power surge and no longer crave carbs (and half neurological symptoms gone). Do as often as needed while still not eating any carbs, just fatty meat and saturated fat and within a week you’re in ketosis.

Maybe a trial test, on an empty stomach with a small dose (3-5 gr.) is advisable, just to see if the body reacts well to it. No need to cut carbs to do this test, just do it when you’re hungry, or better, when you feel you have hypoglycemia. It will fix it as fast as a can of coke, without the negative aspects of sugar.

I’m all for spreading the news, I’ve messaged various members to inform them of my success. However, I don’t care to take as active as an approach in promoting the theory, as it seems many are quick to judge and deflect the success. When talking about the diet, others are quick to jump to your boilerplate responses: my case is different than there’s, they’ve tried everything under the sun and there’s no way a diet will change anything, etc. To me, people can take it or leave it, I’m not at a point where I’m looking to expand any more of my time or effort in attempts to appease various people. If there is one thing that this, and other message boards, have taught me, its that misery loves company and individuals who are down in the dumps will crap all over any success story. I get it, it is freaking miserable to wake up every day and feel like you’re wasting away. That was me for ~14 months (I’m sure someone will come on here and say, “14 months isn’t that long, try 5 years or a decade”, which would only further prove my point) and I’m so happy to be out of the rut. What others chose to listen to, or put-down is their own prerogative

Keto has a major effect on you. I had insomnia, weight gain and sickening anxiety after getting pssd. All were solved by going keto. It did nothing for the anedonia though and no libido etc. I think it even made the anhedonia worse (it decreases ur glutamate). I am now trying to re add some carbs, like 50g a day, (i ate like 10g a day) to find a good balance between anhedonia and insomnia/anxiety/obsessive thoughts.

Yeah. You’re right. I had that too. To quote a friend:“who am I to deprive you of your misery if that’s what you want !”
Nonetheless, there are some who actually wants to get better without arguing it’s impossible. So I will continue to mention it and help those who want to get into the diet, without pushing it.

1 Like

Ah ah ! another success with ketogenic diet. We may not have a cure, but we certainly have a solution for a better life !

On my part, I supplemented my diet with 5-HTP 100 mg, L-Dopa 350 mg and Tyrosine 750 mg first thing in the morning and again on an empty stomach in the middle of the after noon. Never past 6pm as it would prevent me from sleeping. This took care of anhedonia.
Now that I’m better, I take Ashwagandha 450 mg and Bacopa 600 mg twice a day, on an empty stomach, along with the above supplements. I’ve seen a great increase in calmness and joy of living.

For sexual symptoms, I take vitamin A 10000 IU, Betaine HCL 800 mg a day, and cycling sex herbs once a week: Pine Pollen 1.5 gr, Tribulus Terrestris 500 mg, Horny Goat weed 500 mg or Schisandra 865 mg twice a day, again with the above supplements. It’s best taken on an empty stomach.
This took care of the sexual symptoms.

I would still have insomnia but I also takes supplements for that so I’m sleeping Ok. 8/10 last night.
I’m basically symptom free but I know I’m not cured. If I take too much carbs, I get anxiety and it didn’t do that before the crash.

Beware of betaine people. It’s a methyl donor. I and others insanely crashed on it.

Thanks for telling people. I knew it was not for everyone, but didn’t know why. I tolerate it well but I didn’t have much sexual symptoms comparatively (no gene methylation IMO). I will stop mentioning it.

1 Like

Yh it’s also weird to me some can handle it and some crash on it insanely, it shows this condition may have different causes for different people (sadly).

1 Like

@holyhead

Have you posted any pictures of your physical changes over the past 4 years? It would be interesting to see them. Thanks man.