Carnivore diet - Experiences?

Hi soldiers, I have already asked this question but thought I should ask it again. Just wanted to know if any of you have tried the carnivore diet and whether it has helped you or not. I would preferably like to hear from those who have been on the diet for a long period of time. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey man. This is an old thread but it popped up for me so I think it’s worth sharing my experience here.

I did the carnivore diet for 1 month and 3 weeks, and I must say it’s a HARD diet to follow. I don’t think there is anything harder than this diet unless you eat rocks or some shit. Vegan, vegetarian, keto, all easier. This diet is difficult.

You have to get the fat in, and for that your meat must be fatty. However if you’re like me and can’t afford to buy 7 kilo of ribeye a week, then you must look for alternatives, and all the other cuts are way leaner. Which means you have to eat a lot of butter, and buy the fat sepparately and cook it along with your steak.
I gave up on the carnivore diet because I fucked up. I started to follow some bullshit advice that said “just eat until you’re full, don’t count fat jjust check that your meat is fatty enough”. And there I go. I did that, and saw that the meat I was buying clearly had a good amount of fat, but guess what, it wasn’t enough. You need to count that shit and make sure. After 2 weeks eating raw meat like this, I got a bit fked in the stomach because I was eating too much protein and too little fat. Mind you, at this point I was already at 1 stick of butter a day which is like 80g of fat, along with my meat’s fat. So I was like, this surely must be enough. It wasn’t. I didn’t get stomach pain or anything like that, just didn’t feel hungry for around 3 days and didn’t eat much. However, my energy levels were already shit because of the diet, so those 3 days were miserable, cuz I wasn’t hungry and didn’t want to eat anything, but I also had 0 energy.

What fkn ever, I dropped the diet. I had to up the fat by a lot, and start buying the fat sepparately from the butcher, cook it and eat it, and after getting upset stomach and feeling so disgusted by eating meat, I couldn’t do that. Maybe if I did it like that from the beginning I’d still be on the diet, but for now just the thought of meat still disgusts me so I’m not going back in a while. I made a new diet and I’m eating super clean, counted all macros, and my energy levels are really good atm. Also very consistent, I’m never feeling tired despite starting exercise after years of being sedentary. Btw, eating clean after doing this diet is a joke. I also never had the sugar cravings that people talk about, so idk about that. I’m not a fan of junk food so maybe that’s why. Anyways, eating clean is very easy compared to this diet.

I must say that I did feel the “mental clarity” and overall felt lighter, but since I fucked up the diet it doesn’t matter. Also my mental sides are mild so I don’t give a shit about that. Everything I do is to recover from my sexual sides, and those were worse than usual while doing the diet.

My advice for people who wanna try this diet is to plan it well enough from the beginning and commit to it for 6 months. I know I can’t speak about the time, but the body needs a while to readjust and use fat as fuel instead of carbs, and I do believe that that takes time. I didn’t cross the 2 month mark and wasn’t fat adapted yet so that’s why I believe it.

I’ve been trying this diet and it did make me feel less social anxiety and maybe sleep was a tiny bit better, but I never got to the point where I got back any libido. I also continue to feel chronic inflammation throughout my body. When I wake up everything hurts….sore back, sore knees and sore joints all over. I know some people got a break from their symptoms but it hasnt happened for me in the few days I’ve been trying it

How long have you been dealing with the chronic inflammation @joetz ? This is something I constantly deal with, mostly in bones / joints.

About 25 years?:frowning:

Ok so some interesting observations here

Before I get started I just want to say that I am not giving advice and sure as hell am not promoting any kind of cure. This is not a cure

That said, I have noticed there are some diet related changes I have made that have made PFS symptoms more manageable. I noticed I feel best when eating a high fat diet. Lots of butter, lots of fatty meat. I had some greasy, fatty beef ribs the other night at a local BBQ joint and I felt significantly better in the morning. The crazy thing about that is…my whole life I have been told to eat a low fat diet. 🤷

I feel almost normal on a high fat carnivore diet. Meat, salt and lots of butter. Everyone is different though…