Cant read books

Hey Guys,

i have pfs since 2,5 years (!) and i still cant read books again. Is here anyone where this changed to the better after this time frame?

2 Likes

I am still struggling with reading books too, its like i can’t really follow the story line. :frowning:

I’m sorry you’re going through this too, hope things will get better.

1 Like

The first year was litteraly painful to even try read some pages,now have got better but still struggling beyond a certain amount of pages.

1 Like

Its exactly the same for me. Why we have this symptom? i just dont get it. Did you took finasteride or a ssri like knifli?

1 Like

Maybe neuroinflammation caused by the lack of allopregnanolone,this is my guess.

(SSRI) but i was on minoxydil for a year before without trouble

1 Like

Sounds logical. Maybe thats why it feels like a burning in my head. Yeah i was on minoxidil too without problems. After i started finasteride the nightmare begun…

1 Like

Yes it’s exactly what i feel ! Personally the only things that brought some improvement is fasting/dietary restrictions and sleep deprivation.

2 Likes

Same here can’t read, absorb, take it in! Same with films and conversation. I also took minox but as well as fin

1 Like

I was like this when I first started taking fin. I had immense memory issues.
It’s improved a bit, but I still feel like my memory isn’t as great as it was pre-fin. I’m having trouble studying for my next professional exam.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this Worriedguy123. Hope you can get through it. I had to leave my career and no longer work. Hopefully with having some improvement things may continue best of luck

I’m honestly just hanging on, because my family needs me to pay the bills. It’s just so difficult managing PFS symptoms along with career responsibilities.
I’m in a field where you get canned if you fail an exam multiple times.

Sorry to hear about what you’re going through. As bad as I have it, I know you have it a lot worse than me. I hope your family is doing well.

1 Like

Thanks mate my son and fear is why I’m here. I’m deteriating by the day. Best of luck hang in there amazingly this is what we do despite feeling the desperation and looking for a way out constantly.

Yes, same here. I used to read books and to remember long texts easily. It’s been an year now for me, reading is something that just doesn’t work no matter how hard i try. I am lost in the middle of the sentence and have to restart it. I do so and in the next 5 sec i am lost again.

1 Like

same here,i always need to pause screen while watching films with subtitle to comprehend or return a scene passed that i forgot.i could just sit there thinking literally nothing.it significantly improved though.

1 Like

I’m thinking about trying aderall for this. Anyone has experience with that?
I mean, what is the worst that could happen? Post aderall syndrome?
The only thing I don’t like about it is that it’s not medicine, it’s more like a clutch (I would prefer to slightly improve over the years rather than depending on a drug. Sounds fun tho, the idea of reading shit again, I just feel exited thinking about it (I love literature).

I was prescribed adderall for PFS-induced fatigue. Long story short I can’t function without it but it fucked up my sinuses so it’s hard to breathe.