Cannabis oil using it and looking to get a uk perscription

@Andrew35

Honestly, I mean no disrespect by asking but have you ever tried smoking a concentrated oil yourself? To clarify, we are referring a THC oil, I have no idea who Rick Simpson is, and no THC oil is not unmanageable with those living a normal life please stop stating information that is blatantly false. I work a 9-5 job 5 days a week, and work out after work just like everyone else. If that is not functional, then I’m not really sure what is by your definition? Additionally, you will not be completely knocked out. I personally still have to combine dosage of 3-4mg Melatonin with the vape pen for it to put me to sleep. I think you are confusing vaping uninitiated cannabis concentrate with dabbing which are two completely different things. The pre-loaded vape pens that we are talking about are highly controlled with each inhalation, and gives the user full autonomy of how much or how little to consume. Additionally, a THC strain will not induce psychosis right off the bat… If you sit there and dose yourself to 50 puffs back to back, I’m sure your fridge will start talking to you but it’s not intended to be used like that, especially in our case.

Although I just started vaping the pen last week, marijuana isn’t new to me. I’ve been around it since I was 16 and I can tell you first hand that the vape pen is simply a more convenient, tastier, and healthier (less carcinogenic) way of smoking weed. It gives you the same exact effects of rolling a spliff and smoking it, the only difference being that it takes less to get you where you need to be.

Rick Simpson Oil for Cancer

It usually takes the average person about 90 days to ingest the full 60 gram or 60 ml oil treatment. I suggest that people start with three doses per day, about the size of a half a grain of short grained dry rice.

It takes the average person anywhere from 3 to 5 weeks to get to the point where they can ingest 1 gram or 1 ml per day.

CBD Dosages

Mayo Clinic suggests CBD dosages on scientific research, publications, traditional use, or expert opinion. Cannabinoid dosages and duration of treatment depend largely on the disease.

How Much CBD Oil Should I Take?

To increase appetite in cancer patients: 2.5 milligrams of THC by mouth with or without 1 mg of CBD for six weeks

To treat chronic pain: 2.5-20 mg CBD by mouth for an average of 25 days.

To treat epilepsy: 200-300 mg of CBD by mouth daily.

To treat movement problems associated with Huntington’s disease: 10 mg per kilogram of CBD by mouth daily for six weeks.

To treat sleep disorders: 40-160 mg CBD by mouth.

To treat multiple sclerosis symptoms: Cannabis plant extracts containing 2.5-120 milligrams of a THC-CBD combination by mouth daily for 2-15 weeks. A mouth spray might contain 2.7 milligrams of THC and 2.5 milligrams of CBD at doses of 2.5-120 milligram for up to eight weeks. Patients typically use eight sprays within any three hours, with a maximum of 48 sprays in any 24-hour period.

To treat schizophrenia: 40-1,280 mg CBD by mouth daily.

To treat glaucoma: a single CBD dose of 20-40 mg under the tongue. Doses greater than 40 mg may actually increase eye pressure.

1 Like

It’s okay Im not here to argue, I appreciate you explaining a bit more. I just wanted to understand because I don’t want to cheat someone else out of a perfectly fine remedy that helps with insomnia. So the dose I am talking about is no where near 1 gram of conentrate, the entire cartridge itself comes in either .5 or 1 gram and the 1 gram will last you about a month/month and a half. To medicate on 1 gram a day for three months, there is no doubt I agree with you there - this kind of dose we are talking about treating very severe diseases. In this context, I can understand why you would think it is not manageable. Just looked at some photos of Rick Simpson oil and we were definitely talking about two different things. I apologize for the confusion

https://www.healthline.com/health/cbd-vs-thc 

https://www.canabomedicalclinic.com/comparison-cbd-versus-thc-treating-sleep-issues/ 

https://www.healthline.com/health/cbd-vs-thc#medical-benefits

The above links cover the difference between CBD and THC for treating insomnia. Don’t disagree with you that CBD oil is way outside of the range of treatment we’re discussing, just want to clarify once more I’m only referring to pre-filled vape cartridges which are derived directly from plants.

I’ve been looking into CBD oil for vape pens for pain management and to help me sleep.
I’ve been using a peppet and putting a few drops under my tongue have to say it does help a little but my pain is from Ankylosing spondylitis so i cant expect miracles from it hence i was looking at vape pens. I was addicted to cannabis due to all the pain i had as it seemed to be the only thing that eased the pain whilst i tried to sleep I don’t want to go back down the road of THC it screwed my head up good and proper best thing i ever did was giving it the kick which really wasn’t easy after years of relying on it.

Yeah I was on THC oil for a month or so and it made me extremely paranoid and my OCD way worse, I had a few spikes in skin sensitivity and libido while using it for a few hours but no lasting effects for me personally.

Chronic use of CBD oil (in high doses) and the use of marijuana in general are both shown to be antiandrogenic and reprotoxic at least temporarily.

30mg/kg in mice translates to 2.4mg/kg in humans

You don’t want to mess with your Sertoli cells:

https://www.fasebj.org/doi/abs/10.1096/fj.201700921R

Thats interesting, THC/CBD vape pens seem to help me in a lot of aspects, main ones being sleep and libido. Also here in the states, I’ve never heard of anyone getting addicted to pot. Its probably one of the easiest things to kick - at least that’s been my experience. To be clear, Im not talking about the Rick Simpson oil that was referenced above, that’s over the top. The vape pen I use is basically like smoking actual pot (flower) in the form of vaporizable oil.

I was so tempted to use MJ again so I spent a few days reading up on whether or not cannabis and/or CBD would help me and I ultimately decided not to use it for lots of reasons. I eventually started sleeping more normally again on my own albeit with severely worsened sleep apnea likely due to fin’s disruption of my hormones which is really taking a toll on me. 87 second apneas, it’s disgusting. I suggest people inquire about getting a sleep study for persistent sleep problems and fatigue after fin use if they already haven’t: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5507108/

According to this: https://examine.com/supplements/marijuana/ Marijuana actually shortens time spent in slow wave sleep and we all know what it does to REM sleep. I don’t doubt that short term use of MJ helped you with insomnia and with libido (oh, god). From what I’ve found, long term use of marijuana is actually associated with increased risk of insomnia.

Personally as someone with an addictive predisposition, it took me many hundreds of dollars and many tries in quitting MJ for good. While addiction rates trail behind stuff like heroin, alcohol, and tobacco, 9% of adults who use cannabis become addicted and 17% of young people (Anthony et al. 1994, Lopez-Quintero et al. 2011) MJ addiction won’t kill you like a benzo or heroin addiction would, but it’s nonetheless a drug and can be habit-forming. I think even more so with how easy it is to get high now with the convenience of vape pens and the increasing potency of modern MJ and MJ concentrates. I think given its popularity, increasing legality and access, and wide spread belief of its innocuousness, I wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out to be the most abused drug. However I think if someone could make it work to increase their quality of life, I am not against it. I just don’t know how well it’ll play with PFS in the long term.