Can rogain and saw palmetto cause post finasteride syndrome?

I’m freaking out my libido has disappeared and I can’t maintain any kind of solid erections. My testicles constantly ache and I feel completely disconnected from my penis, like it’s just a spare appendage not connected to my body. Been like this for months now. Please help guys I don’t know what’s going on, I didn’t even take finasteride

Is my life over? This has been going on since like January 2019, obviously stopped the saw palmetto after the few weeks I took it but still on rogain

Hey @Elb1,

Welcome to the forum. I’m sorry to hear what you’re going through. The symptoms you describe are common here and yes, some people find their way here via substances other than finasteride, including the ones you mention.

You need to forget all your hair treatments. They’re not doing you any good. It’s possible that you will feel better when you do.

It would probably be for the best for you to stop using all that stuff now, and see how you feel in a couple of months, rather than checking yourself daily and trying to find out what the likely outcomes may be. We find that symptoms, severity and recovery is not dependent on period of exposure, dose or any number of factors so no need to stress the details.

No hair pills, creams or lotions.

1 Like

Thank you for the response. I stopped saw palmetto months ago but still on the rogain. I never heard of rogain causing such sexual side effects but can it actually do so? This is very scary, this I just mess my whole life up ?

Yes, we have people here through rogaine, sorry.

The majority of people recover, you’re still “using”. Stop using it, give it a couple of months.

I’m here from Rogaine.

Thanks hopefully I can recover and still have a good life. Very scary times though no doubt.

Do you think it’s more likely due to the rogain or saw palmetto use ?

Thanks for the response. What exactly are the issues you face and how long have you been dealing with them if you don’t mind me asking? Just asking cause there’s not much information since I believe sexual side effects from rogain are incredibly rare, to the point where there’s no research or no link between the two.

Tbh, it’s probably the saw palmetto. Minoxidil inhibits androgen receptors, and I used a large dosage taken systemically.

Here we have a lots of rogain cases.

Get off everything