Can natural dht blocker cause the same side effects as finasterid

eg saw palmetto, pumpkin seed oil capsules, topical peppermint/lavendal/rosemary oil etc

since saw palmetto and pumpkin seed oil block 5a reductase in the way fin does i dont see a reason why this products shouldnt influence hormonal and neurosteroid system…especially if you consume it in a unnatural high dosis via supplements…

any experiences?

Yes, I got mild PFS from soy protein isolate and years later severe PFS from licorice root extract.

One guy developed severe PFS after taking 50mg zinc for 10 days.

I’m positive that crash dieting/high calorie deficits also can cause PFS for guys with already low T/DHT levels.

2 Likes

Personally I believe PFS stands for post finasteride syndrome
Which means you have to have taken finasteride for the condition to diagnosed as PFS.
I understand and sympathize with anyone with any condition related to 5ar due to other means than finasteride but I wouldn’t class any condition the condition as PFS on the grounds that their condition is not finastetide related.

It’s ok classing everyone jumping in their classing their illnesses as PFS but it discredits the true PFS illness if you ask me .
It’s a battle in itself getting this illness understood and accredited by doctors and so it can only be damaging if people start coming forward to the medical world saying ive eaten cream cakeS every day for week now i have PFS this can only be damaging to PFS patients.

We either need to rename the whole illness to something related to 5ar which seems the most appropriate thing to do or name each illness with something that relates to the causes.

This isn’t a rant but feel free to agree or disagree

I agree that we need to rename this disease. Its possible to develope the most severe PFS from natural supplements.

doesnt sound logic to me

if other medication or substances have the same impact on the body (blocking 5a reductase) it is plausiblel to assume they can cause similar side effects

eg in your logic people who take duta cant have similar side effects like people do from finasterid

1 Like