Can I still participate in the study 23andme?

Can I still participate in the study 23andme?

4 Likes

Hi @keepup1, yes, please do. Please see the following post:

Best

1 Like

I have to do this as well. Although I do not currently have a surplus of money, far from it nowadays, I could have easily done it many times in the past, things like this should have a high priority for every sufferer

1 Like

Are you the same keepup who used to be here in the past? Have you newly registered?

Thanks, axolotl for your quick reply. I have hardly visited the forum in the last couple of years. My life is ruined being in my late 30ties.

Axolotl, as far as I understand the study started over a year ago? Isn’t there a closing date of the study? Normally, there is a period of time, where people can participate and after that the study is being made based on the data.

Axolotl, is Mew still around?

1 Like

the baylor study? its basically done and ready to be published soon (dont know exact timeline)

but its being published in 2 parts and the 2nd part comes 3-12 months after the 1st part.

but axo and awor are doing these other projects where we all participate and contribute.

For the studies we are running here, more data is better. So keep the data coming, please.

Also, please make sure you complete the survey - the other project in Axolotl’s link.

2 Likes

Hi @keepup1,

I’m very sorry to hear. My own situation is very severe and I assure you propeciahelp are doing all that we can. It would be an enormous help if you could take our survey, as @Greek mentions. This can be accessed by the bar graph icon in the top right of the forum when browsing on desktop or laptop.

The 23andme project requires technical skills and as big a data set as we can get. It is ultimately pilot data and if anything comes of it we would seek to publish then. Our scientific contacts are aware and supportive, but we really need as many sets as possible. The volume of projects we are running and the effort involved is also a factor. The hard work takes time and we haven’t had a chance to get on with it yet as we have developed a lot of technology for the site and survey and have been working on a scientific literature review hopefully for publication. Additionally we are starting new social media projects including YouTube videos for members who want to share their situation.

Not really. Mew’s not better, but his persistent effects are thankfully not as severe as some cases so he’s just making the best of what he can. I haven’t spoken to him in a fair while but Awor has been in touch I think. I don’t believe he checks the forum much these days but he’s hoping for progress.

I uploaded mine

4 Likes

Hi axolotl, thanks for the information. I will do the 23andme test and send the results to you once I got them.

Thanks, don’t send your results to @axolotl though, upload them as per the instructions here:

Important Announcement: Two Community-Led Research Projects - Please Participate

2 Likes