Calcification+ parthyroid + liver+ kidney problems

we should test for following, why? please read on.

parathyroid hormone level
Calcidiol (25-hydroxyvitamin D or 25(OH)D) not Calcitriol (1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D or 1,25(OH)2D3.

according to Kazman
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3420&hilit=vitamin+D
I think it is also important to get the 1,25 active metabolite tested, as their is literature suggesting that VDR receptor issues will cause too much 25 OH vitamin D to be transformed into the active metabolite. Will post a calculator on how to interpret 1,25 to 25 OH ratios, if 1,25 is too high it can be a sgn of autoimmune disease.

Apparently Quest in is the only company (in the U.S. anyway) that can accurately test 1,25. If the sample is not flash frozen immediately after being drawn then the 1,25 will be low.

I will dig through the pile of blood tests and post some of my readings.

www1.davita.com/diet-and-nutrition/diet-basics/vitamin-d-and-chronic-kidney-disease/a/1878

The vitamin D, calcium, phosphorus and parathyroid hormone (PTH) connection

Healthy kidneys are rich with vitamin D receptors and play a major role in turning vitamin D into its active form, 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D or calciferol. When vitamin D is in its active form, it helps balance calcium and phosphorus in your body by controlling absorption of calcium and phosphorus from the food you eat and regulates parathyroid hormone (PTH).

When kidneys fail, their ability to activate vitamin D is lost. Without the activated vitamin D to control calcium and phosphorus levels in the blood, parathyroid hormone (PTH) will try to over compensate and go out of range.

Parathyroid hormone (PTH) is secreted by the parathyroid glands that are located in the neck near the thyroid glands. In kidney failure, the parathyroid glands may incorrectly sense that there is not enough calcium in the blood and produce excess parathyroid hormone which tells the body to pull calcium out of the bones and put it in the bloodstream. This excess of parathyroid hormone (PTH) can cause secondary hyperparathyroidism which can result in bone pain and weak bones that fracture easily. All patients with kidney failure are at risk for secondary hyperparathyroidism. For this reason, PTH levels are routinely monitored through lab work approximately every three months or more often if needed.

There are significant problems that may result with excess calcium in the blood stream. Calcium can deposit in soft tissues leaving “little rocks” in the tissue. These deposits or calcifications will never go away. The consequences of calcification are serious. If the heart becomes calcified, blood flow may be reduced, which could cause a heart attack. Calcification in the lungs can result in difficulty breathing. And, calcification in joints can cause extreme pain.

Liver and kidneys function
www1.davita.com/diet-and-nutrition/diet-basics/vitamin-d-and-chronic-kidney-disease/a/1878
When we eat plant sources of vitamin D, it is in the form of vitamin D2 or ergocalcifero
Vitamin D from sunlight, plant sources and animal sources are all turned into 25-vitamin D in the liver. 25-vitamin D is then carried from the liver to the kidneys where it is activated to 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D or calciferol.

Many of us have been testef for 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D only, which is low. Now we don’t know it’s because of our kidneys or the supply vitmanin D is already low from liver

which Vitamin D we should test in our blood? We should test either D2 or both D2 and D3.
if D2 is low this means liver is low in vitamin D stores and if D3 is low and D2 is normal then it will point to kidney’s activation problem.

vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/what-is-vitamin-d/

Vitamin D’s metabolites

After vitamin D is formed in the skin or taken orally, it is metabolized into two different substances within the body: 25-hydroxyvitamin D, known as calcidiol, and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D, known as calcitriol.

Calcidiol (25-hydroxyvitamin D or 25(OH)D)

Calcidiol is a prehormone that is made in the liver. Because it is the body’s main storage form of vitamin D, the amount of calcidiol available to the body is what determines vitamin D status. When someone refers to “vitamin D levels” they are referring to blood calcidiol levels.

Calcitriol (1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D or 1,25(OH)2D3)

Calcitriol is made from calcidiol, in the kidneys as well as in other organs, and is the most potent steroid hormone in the human body. Referred to as “activated vitamin D,” calcitriol is said by the experts to “unlock” a cell’s DNA library. Acting through the vitamin D receptors (VDR), calcitriol controls the expression of genes, activating about two-thirds of the ones it controls, suppressing the rest. Blood calcitriol levels are not good indicators of the amount of vitamin D should never be used to determine if one is vitamin D deficient.

1 Like

my 25 hydroxyvitamin D is low 55 insuffuiciency 25 - 75
This clearly shows kidneys are fine but the supply from liver is low.
unfortunately Doctor refused to write new tests for 25 hydroxyvitamin D and 1, 25 di-hydroxyvitamin D.
I want my parathyroid to be tested too.

My vitamin D is not low but it is totally shutdown.
1- I recently stopped my VitD3 for few days. The effects were devastating. My all old symptoms like headache, bone pain, muscles pain, sleep apnea etc came back.

2- My all blood tests show my good leves of total T , TSH, LH, FSH etc when I maintain good level of my Vit D3. If I reduce my Vit D3, these above hormone fall as well.

3- I have noticed when my vit D level is low, I lose my body temperature control. In cold I become too cold and in hot I become too hot.
These behavior clearly point to non-functioning Hypothalamus and why Vit D helps me

Vitamin D3 Regulation of the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Gonadal Axis

Next steps:
To confirm if low Vit D production is the root cause of pfs,

1 Like

I need your help guys. We need to know why our vitamin D has gone so low.
We know Lyme disease causes symptoms like pfs and they have low VitD
I have posted Lupron also causes very low Vit D level
Lupron also creates permanent damage just like Fin/SP (low T level , low LH, FSH) etc.
Now Lupron is not a 5AR inhibitor so why it creates low Vit D level.

If you really want to know you’d need to test

Calcifediol, which is the normal vitamin d bloodtest and Calcitriol which is the active vitamin d form but it’s not a common test to get.

The kidney’s do the conversion but it’s tightly regulated, however if you have some kind of immune issue certain immune cells can’t also convert it but that pathway is not regulated.

So if calcifediol is low but calcitrol is high that could mean those immune cells are overactive for some reason, which would explain the low vitamin D3 tests of PFS patients.

Sadly they don’t offer calcitrol private testing in my country or I’d gotten it already.