Brainstorming ways to fund large amounts of money

Hey guys! I just donated $10 to the foundation (I’m a broke grad student, doing what I can lol). Anyone else want to match that to raise money for our condition?

Going forward, how can we get HUGE amounts of attention? Is anyone on here marketing savvy, or knows about kickstarter/groupfunds? Money is a huge incentive for companies to discover what is wrong with us. Is there a way we can raise big bucks ourselves and then give it to the Foundation?

As I was falling asleep last night, I was thinking about ways to raise a large amount of attention rather quickly. One thing I thought of was conducting a youtube video consisting of 25-50 victim video testimonials roughly 30-60 seconds each talking about our condition, mindset before and after consuming 5ARI’s, what the doctors explained to us, what actually happened (describing our side effects), etc. There could be a consistent template throughout the video for each victim. We can at the very least send the video to our friends over at Merck so they can see first hand the damage they have caused. I don’t think we would get too much sympathy from the public, after all we are a group of educated/well off middle class males who consumed a vanity drug - that’s at least how outsiders will perceive it. Just brainstorming as you suggested.

4 Likes

This weekend I will be setting up a monthly donation to the PFS foundation as I too believe that there work is our best route to finding the answers that we all seek.

I have seen this website too

This looks like another great way to finding those answers I may donate to this group too.

The YouTube video sounds a fantastic way to raise further awareness of what is happening though personally I don’t feel that I can point the finger at Merck as i used a generic brand of Finasteride myself.

Another group that maybe worth contacting is the PSSD forum they are quite active and those guys are suffering all the same sexual dysfunctions and are in the same boat as us I’m sure alot of the members would be happy to donate.

2 Likes

I’m going to create a dropshipping website and use proceeds from there to donate to the foundation.

2 Likes

Can you explain what that means?

It would be nice to see some support for amidoomed he’s donating in more than one way.
It would also be great if we could get a list of people who want to participate in a YouTube video as suggested by pete1989 things like this will help raise awareness and bring others to this forum that have had the same side effects which in turn helps us all support each other.

Encouraging the Youtube videos is fine. Soliciting products, whether the profits are supposedly going to a good cause or not, is explicitly forbidden.

@Jaime is welcome to do so outside of this forum. This isn’t a place for advertising.

1 Like

Im donating 12 dollars monthly since a while. Not too much but its monthly and if everyone are donating, it will be quite much money. I believe we constantly need to remind eachother how important it is by the members to donating in the first stage.

However this doesnt exclude the possibility to at the same time searching for the big bucks so your topic is really important

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Baylor study questions

Hey @Dubya_B I can see why advertising is banned on here. Do you think I could collaborate with the mods to make a little fundraising market online? You guys could be in charge of the money, I don’t care.

Something positive where we all contribute towards a goal is sweet, though, but more importantly productive.

I’ve thought about this, and one idea I had was we write to celebrities who are rich and have taken finasteride or are currently on it. These include Donald Trump, Justin Bieber, and Ashton Kutcher. The first two, to my knowledge, are still on it, whereas Ashton has quit (I think). So if we got a bunch of signatures and pleaded for their help, maybe they could each donate $1 million? That would be a lot, obviously.

1 Like

Brilliant! Celebrity endorsement is a powerful tool.

I’ll get the ball rolling on that. I’ll email the Foundation by tonight after classes are done. Might be a long shot, but you miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take (-Michael Scott).

2 Likes

Thanks for contributing, fixit! Contributing $144 a year can go towards lab equipment, blood work, etc!

Hey @Dubya_B I can see why advertising is banned on here. Do you think I could collaborate with the mods to make a little fundraising market online? You guys could be in charge of the money, I don’t care.

Something positive where we all contribute towards a goal is sweet, though, but more importantly productive.

What is the point? The PFS Foundation already exists for this reason.

I can’t see the extra benefit of selling keychains with the profit going to fund research, rather than simply donating to the foundation.

1 Like

The point would be to increase the amount of money the Foundation gets. Donations have always been available. Don’t you think a new way to raise money towards the same Foundation might increase funds to it?

It looks like Brainstorming ideas for donations takes a back seat
But moaning and groaning about things is right up on the list
I cant help but think we should be more productive in fundraising and creating more awareness through things like YouTube rather than moaning about things …
I’m up for the YouTube video who else is thinks this would be a good idea

3 Likes

I’d recommend trying to contact large content creators, if they did manage to share or support it, millions could see it. It’s so easy to be seen these days online and get the message out. I know there’s a few YouTubers who share their mental health experiences.

4 Likes

EDIT: sorry removed for reasons

EDIT: sorry removed for reasons

Would a crowdfund or gofundme be effective?

Or if the foundation could write grant proposals in collaboration with researchers.

1 Like