Brain feminization requires active repression of masculinization via DNA methylation

With all of these studies, and so many researchers on topics seemingly connected to our condition, I’ve been tempted to reach out to so many of them, but would be out of my realm, and worry about poisoning the well for the rest of us, and not be taken seriously.

Having said that, I’m wondering if the moderators or the Foundation consider (or have considered) actively reaching out to researchers who may have value to our cause. There seem to be so many of them, and even a form letter, with some modifications, can go out to them. We have hundreds of studies, each often with several researchers, and we shouldn’t only theorize what their studies may mean compared to our condition.

It would cost us only some time to email these researchers, and share with them the good work the foundation has done, in hopes they can contribute to it. Even if it accomplishes nothing, at least we would have gotten the word out about PFS, and maybe, sometime in the future (and hopefully when I’m still alive) the condition will be taken seriously and a “cure” will be found.

They actually did. @awor reached out and so did others. I’ve read probably (some say) one of the most valuable threads on this forum.

And it goes very much in depth as to what might be going on in some of the most severe cases.

The general consensus is, on the cases of the the worst among us is:

• Hormone balance is in line
  • the 5AR is works to a needed extent
  • and also the androgen receptors show no defects.

But the actual gene expression following the androgen receptor signalling, isn’t functioning properly.

It could be caused by dna methylation/epigenetic changes, which are not necessarily permanent, but we have no clue how to influence them in either way, or even know which ones are responsible for the changrs we experience.

@awor and @AnhedonicApe for example both tried demthylation agents. But those afaik target tho whole system, and not a specific target.

It’s all here:

That’s been happening for years. We have several researchers who are consulting us on how to proceed now post-Baylor and there is a very good chance there will be announcements soon.

1 Like

Definitely believe the intestinal tract plays a crucial part in it all, seeing some people are doing well on gluten free diets, while also having read research on gluten free diet recently, improving zinc absorption in the body, while improves male functions of the body. (See more here)

I think it’s an important part to the broken mechanism.

I think the gut microbiome isn’t the only solution, but I believe it’s an essential part, that might be the last missing part in a recovery for some people, maybe for you as well!

1 Like

mRNA levels of a relatively small number of genes decreased after Zeb treatment, as would be expected following demethylation, but a large percentage (22%) of them were candidate feminization genes, defined as those with higher expression in control females than in males and Zeb-treated females (Fig. 5a,d). This suggests that feminization genes are maintained at higher levels in females versus males in a manner that involves methylation, but is opposite to that of masculinization genes, which are repressed by methylation.

From the study.

Anyone who tried demethylation with success? @moonchild what do you think of this topic?