Body odor and sebum production

I must caution you all against using finasteride or dutasteride.

Some of our severe cases have dramatically worsened their situations by taking these drugs again. In some cases taking their symptoms from a basically normal life with barely recognisable symptoms to the worst of this condition.

Though there may be a few anecdotal stories of recovery* there are also stories of people who have unleashed incredible suffering upon themselves. I urge you not to take these drugs again since nobody can tell you how you will react.

*Why do these recovered people have so little regard for others who are suffering that they never stick around to answer questions?

1 Like

I never had eye floaters until I tried supplementing vitamin a many years post Accutane. (granted it wasn’t exactly a low dose, I also developed many additional fine lines in my palms that never went away as well, or maybe my skin just thinned more so overall)

Speaking of Vitamin A, you also have a group post Accutane that avoids Vitamin A similar to how antiandrogens or 5ar inhibitors through diet or supplement are avoided here. I guess vitamin a could be considered a 5ar inhibitor? idk. but it’s also an essential nutrient just like zinc and copper.
Based on what ive read here, Finasteride seems to be the most potent at what it does.

Where are there worsened people by taking fin in this sites?

I have eye floating,too.
In my opinion,it’s because GABA systems are broken or abnormal.So,I recommend you take taurine or magnesium.

My children, I am one of these worsened cases, u did not kno fin was the cause iof my deteriating health until two years ago. I cycled the drug generally 9 month on 3 off for 20 years. Over the course of time hell has been unleashed. If I had stopped taking it a lot sooner I believe I would have had a lot less symptoms. Apologies forany spelling /grammatical errors my eyesight has deteriate in the last few weeks.

After you had pfs,you tried taking fin again?
Did you decrease dose of fin graduately?
If not,you should have done, I think.

1 Like

I took it every other day in the end. Not because of pfsasdisnt know I had it. It was to see if I retained growth on a smaller dose. There is no evidence to suggest there’s any difference between tapering and cold turkey. But for sure restarting it is insane/bad news and I am testement to that. I would have had anxiety only if I’d stopped years ago ie after 9 months.

This is not beyond estimating,but you may have recovered if you try decreasing gradually.
What I showed was also decreasing fin gradually.

Greek I understand the use of caution here that is an acceptable approach to use considering the drug left us in this condition but I’m referring to the people who went off finasteride and crashed permanently a few weeks later not those who were on the medication long term and continued using further worsening there condition.

With respect, if you are prepared to make that kind of statement I wonder if you have a good grasp of the situation.

Nobody who has found their way here should consider taking a 5AR inhibitor speculatively. Those who took finasteride for decades without ill effects are not immune to the problems we suffer with here, as evidenced by those who do crash on cessation, on resuming after a break and those who develop problems while still taking the drug.

Many people here seem largely ignorant of just how bad this condition can get. Having personally seen flashes of some of the symptoms people talk about, I feel that I have a fairly unique position in that I have recovered from a lot of this syndrome’s effects but those flashes mean that I know I cannot be complacent.

By all means, take the actions that you feel are appropriate for your own health and wellbeing but be aware that your approval of a course of action may well lead to another’s demise.

[quote=“Mr.Children, post:50, topic:38462”]
you may have recovered if you try decreasing gradually [/quote]

The response of Finasteride is largely dose independent.

There is no “tapering” of fin due to its half life. You would be completely insane to take fin again in my opinion. There are people on here who are practically bed ridden from doing just what you are asking about. Do more research so you dont harm yourself.

I don’t recommend you take fin again. I just showed good results.(of course there is a bad result)
This is one of the choices like progesterone.
I don’t think taking fin again is a lot worse than progesterone or TRT…

Hello guys,

I just wanted to say that I am still here following the forum. The reason why I am not posting much (only PM) is that I am still working to figure out the right recipe to overcome PFS by taking Dutasteride and Cipro during cycle kickoff. Since I started my cycles last year, I made a lot of progress and went for a couple of more runs. The problem with Dutasteride is its long half elimination time in your body so that each run takes minimum 4 months after treatment. With the experience I gained so far, I decided to go for another (hopefully final) run in which I try to slow down the Alpha 3 Reductase ramp up for the first time in all of my cycles. I plan to do that by taking 1-2 pills of Dutasteride per week starting week 9 after treatment for 8 -12 weeks. Then I will stop taking Dutasteride and wait for its “natural” phase out. The idea is that I want to smooth the Alpha 3 Reductase ramp up with the goal to achieve a 2% - 3% DHT increase per week.

1 Like

@Greek everything else that we have tried has failed- every supplement has been trialed and every hormone that follows it. We have to go back to the drawing board, to the root of the problem and that’s the crash, people can be on the drug for 20 years and be fine then one day boom they crash and are never the same again.

I know one thing the longer we starve DHT and neurosteroids from the brain and body the more damage we are inflicting.

This theory hasn’t been done in the way I’m proposing, hormones flooding back into the system need to be controlled (if they can be) this is what causes the silencing of the receptors in the first place the overexpression of receptors and flooding of hormones. I’m not proposing just to pop finasteride again and see what happens, that would be stupid, I’m talking about taking finasteride again to reverse the epignetic changes with a single pill, as the body senses an inhibition of neurosteroids and DHT again it will reactivate the receptors and our bodies should be able to utilize the hormones again but we need to find a way that we can control the hormones that rush back into our systems that have been inhibited. To do this we could use 0.01 of finasteride or lower in a liquid solution for 3 weeks.

Keep us updated my friend.

Hey @Determined_Overcome & @thesolvedone, would you guys mind completing the survey? It won’t take much time and it’s the most important thing you can do rn in terms of working towards a treatment!

1 Like

I take it you didnt have sexual issues or shrinkage?

Your theory is not totally off point. The problem is, to my knowledge, the half life of Fin is a matter of hours. That means there is no way to taper Fin even with the smallest dosage. It has been mentioned here several times if you search the forum for “taper” . But… if what you are saying is correct… maybe by taking herbs, food, supplements that gently lower total T… eventually the body will resensitize. Then slowly elimate those herbs. You see people on here that wont eat nuts, tomatoes, avacadoes, etc… because they lower free T because it raises SHBG (I think thats what its called). So if that can be the case… then using food to lower hormones to resensiize could maybe work for some people. But again… everyone here is effected differently. Its not like every PFS sufferrer has the same symptoms. Thats what the major challenge is here. I dont think your going to see a cure with a supplement. Its going to need to be genetic recoding possibly using CRISPR. Some think that blasting the body with anti virals like PREP can reactivate some of the rececptors. No one really knows at this point. Do the surveys and follow the lead that @awor and @axolotl are taking. They know more about this disease than anyone so dont try to reinvent the wheel.

1 Like

I suppose it’s worth noting that the same theory could result in the body seeking to increase sensitivity to testosterone and then when it returns again, things get even more desensitised, taking you even further down the track with this.

We have seen many people get worse with further use of anti androgenic substances after crashing with a strong 5ar inhibitor.

Personally, as I’ve been feeling better I’ve been introducing more of the foods that I had been avoiding but I should note that it’s been in moderation and is definitely after improvement, not before.

2 Likes

Hey @Greek . I’m glad to hear you have been feeling better. Where have you noticed the most improvement?

Frankly… I started out eating just strip steaks and broccoli as I didnt know what else to do. Ate basically keto for 3-4 months. Most of my symptoms cleared up (fatigue, brain fog, pins and needles, brain zaps, muscle twitches, peeing constantly, etc… ) Then when i went on Remeron… I couldn’t help myself. I was eating cheetos, ice cream, chips, started back on coffee, … whatever. Right now I dont avoid any food. I dont seem to notice a difference one way or another. IF I eat a really heavy meal quickly… I notice my heart rate speeds up. I have a diagnosed AV block. Not a huge deal… but I’m mindful of eating lighter portions and stay away from heavy mayo and bluecheese…which seem to set it off for some reason. But even this heart rate thing has improved since mountain biking. I feel it has improved my baseline. So much so that I am going to buy myself a very very expensive mountain bike as a reward for Christmas. Good to have something to look forward to.

2 Likes