Body odor and sebum production

This helps put things into perspective. For my worst symptoms to be delayed orgasm/reduced sensitivity and waking up once at night, I guess I’d be considered a mild case too, although I was an absolute mess in the very beginning. It definitely does get better over time, and certain behaviors (like abstaining from PMO for a while, cutting processed carbs, etc.) really help.

2 Likes

How long have you had PFS?

3 years

Fine for 20 years. Thats a long time. People always use the term crash. Yours almost does seem like some sort of withdrawal.
I also think of other terms to describe a crash.
like withdrawal, rebound, resistance, depletion.
It just seems there is something else going on thats not in that FDA doc at all.
So when people get worse its because of a worsening decline in androgen receptor function?

More research is needed into this notorious crash how can a man who took it for 20 years suddenly crash after he stops taking it. It is said that by taking finasteride the body senses the defeciency and upregulates the receptors so that it can try and absorb as much as the hormones that are being supressed as possible leading to (hypersensivity) now when these hormones flood back into the system it sends the body into a shocked state silencing the androgen receptors now our bodies cannot ultilise DHT or testosterone anymore. My theory although it sounds like a crazy idea is that by lowering DHT that this epignetic change would come undone as again the body senses an inhibition of DHT and reactivates the receptors the tricky part is controlling how much DHT floods back into the system so that the receptors don’t get silenced and this protective measure isn’t activated again. My belief is that the reason people feel “somewhat” better on zinc is that it is a mild 5 alpha reductase inhibitor that may work to resensitise the receptors again as the body senses a tiny inhibition of DHT. I believe we have been shooting in the wrong places by trying to takes all these hormones that have had minimal to no effects at all.

2 Likes

@Papasmurf can you take the survey? It’s important to quantify our data as a group when we present it as further evidence of our condition.

1 Like

I just ordered a new laptop you should make the survey mobile friendly a good majority of people only use smart phones just a friendly suggestion.

2 Likes

I didn’t know you didn’t have laptop access, sorry. I wish it was easy to convert to mobile, but that would require extra time and resources so we’re working with what we got right now.

Thanks for the update though! We really value every survey done as it makes our data stronger.

I did the whole Survey on older Android mobile phone via Opera browser (or Firefox?) simply by switching to “Desktop view” - no problem, it was flawless

I kind of agree with your theory. I think taking T enhancing herbs might be counter productive. The body needs to be able to function on its own systems. I also thought that in the coming years… the first line of defense from getting PFS will be a protocol to safely come off of Fin without causing the body this massive hormonal disruption. I think a lot of people are trying to boost T and DHT with herbs, etc… I think the body needs to reset itself to the new levels. Its similiar to agonizing any other receptor. (GABA A, GABA B, Histamine, etc… ) they become numb to the activity. In my efforts to get my sleep back… I drink really strong coffee in the morning… this kills GABA in the morning… so in theory the receptors should be getting more sensitive to the little GABA my body produces in the evenings. Some mornings I’m so jittery its insane. Not sure if this is a sound theory but I “think” my sleep is slowly improving. Its tough to say. Its all theories.

Im sure most of you are familiar with my story, but I also have been complaining of this. Just sitting down watching tv I will get this feeling like my armpits are letting out some kind of musky odor. It smells awful, but when I go to pat my armpits they are almost completely dry. Its like only water is coming out of my armpits? Something is missing from the sweat (or its not being excreted thru the sweat)

1 Like

its strange because I have low e2, as well as dht, but I really want to say that the odor I am giving off smells very estrogenic?! Its almost like a celery smell coming from my armpit??

1 Like

Could you post the reddit thread if it exists?

This is what he said.
And I am japanese,so this is all written in japanese.

1 Like

Cheeseburgular. @Mr.Children please post the link here that you sent me privately. Thanks

Can you translate this by any chance?

Google Translate worked great for me

@Mr.Children Thanks for sharing

1 Like

I can show what it implies but not translate all.Google must work well.

Sounds good to me