Body odor and sebum production

I don’t recommend you take fin again. I just showed good results.(of course there is a bad result)
This is one of the choices like progesterone.
I don’t think taking fin again is a lot worse than progesterone or TRT…

Hello guys,

I just wanted to say that I am still here following the forum. The reason why I am not posting much (only PM) is that I am still working to figure out the right recipe to overcome PFS by taking Dutasteride and Cipro during cycle kickoff. Since I started my cycles last year, I made a lot of progress and went for a couple of more runs. The problem with Dutasteride is its long half elimination time in your body so that each run takes minimum 4 months after treatment. With the experience I gained so far, I decided to go for another (hopefully final) run in which I try to slow down the Alpha 3 Reductase ramp up for the first time in all of my cycles. I plan to do that by taking 1-2 pills of Dutasteride per week starting week 9 after treatment for 8 -12 weeks. Then I will stop taking Dutasteride and wait for its “natural” phase out. The idea is that I want to smooth the Alpha 3 Reductase ramp up with the goal to achieve a 2% - 3% DHT increase per week.

1 Like

@Greek everything else that we have tried has failed- every supplement has been trialed and every hormone that follows it. We have to go back to the drawing board, to the root of the problem and that’s the crash, people can be on the drug for 20 years and be fine then one day boom they crash and are never the same again.

I know one thing the longer we starve DHT and neurosteroids from the brain and body the more damage we are inflicting.

This theory hasn’t been done in the way I’m proposing, hormones flooding back into the system need to be controlled (if they can be) this is what causes the silencing of the receptors in the first place the overexpression of receptors and flooding of hormones. I’m not proposing just to pop finasteride again and see what happens, that would be stupid, I’m talking about taking finasteride again to reverse the epignetic changes with a single pill, as the body senses an inhibition of neurosteroids and DHT again it will reactivate the receptors and our bodies should be able to utilize the hormones again but we need to find a way that we can control the hormones that rush back into our systems that have been inhibited. To do this we could use 0.01 of finasteride or lower in a liquid solution for 3 weeks.

Keep us updated my friend.

Hey @Determined_Overcome & @thesolvedone, would you guys mind completing the survey? It won’t take much time and it’s the most important thing you can do rn in terms of working towards a treatment!

1 Like

I take it you didnt have sexual issues or shrinkage?

Your theory is not totally off point. The problem is, to my knowledge, the half life of Fin is a matter of hours. That means there is no way to taper Fin even with the smallest dosage. It has been mentioned here several times if you search the forum for “taper” . But… if what you are saying is correct… maybe by taking herbs, food, supplements that gently lower total T… eventually the body will resensitize. Then slowly elimate those herbs. You see people on here that wont eat nuts, tomatoes, avacadoes, etc… because they lower free T because it raises SHBG (I think thats what its called). So if that can be the case… then using food to lower hormones to resensiize could maybe work for some people. But again… everyone here is effected differently. Its not like every PFS sufferrer has the same symptoms. Thats what the major challenge is here. I dont think your going to see a cure with a supplement. Its going to need to be genetic recoding possibly using CRISPR. Some think that blasting the body with anti virals like PREP can reactivate some of the rececptors. No one really knows at this point. Do the surveys and follow the lead that @awor and @axolotl are taking. They know more about this disease than anyone so dont try to reinvent the wheel.

1 Like

I suppose it’s worth noting that the same theory could result in the body seeking to increase sensitivity to testosterone and then when it returns again, things get even more desensitised, taking you even further down the track with this.

We have seen many people get worse with further use of anti androgenic substances after crashing with a strong 5ar inhibitor.

Personally, as I’ve been feeling better I’ve been introducing more of the foods that I had been avoiding but I should note that it’s been in moderation and is definitely after improvement, not before.

2 Likes

Hey @Greek . I’m glad to hear you have been feeling better. Where have you noticed the most improvement?

Frankly… I started out eating just strip steaks and broccoli as I didnt know what else to do. Ate basically keto for 3-4 months. Most of my symptoms cleared up (fatigue, brain fog, pins and needles, brain zaps, muscle twitches, peeing constantly, etc… ) Then when i went on Remeron… I couldn’t help myself. I was eating cheetos, ice cream, chips, started back on coffee, … whatever. Right now I dont avoid any food. I dont seem to notice a difference one way or another. IF I eat a really heavy meal quickly… I notice my heart rate speeds up. I have a diagnosed AV block. Not a huge deal… but I’m mindful of eating lighter portions and stay away from heavy mayo and bluecheese…which seem to set it off for some reason. But even this heart rate thing has improved since mountain biking. I feel it has improved my baseline. So much so that I am going to buy myself a very very expensive mountain bike as a reward for Christmas. Good to have something to look forward to.

2 Likes

Pretty much everywhere.

I’m getting more sleep, sex and motivation. A lot of symptoms have pretty much gone (though I had some fog/lightheadedness earlier - but I think that might be due to not having eaten much at all today).

I’ve started to exercise, which I’m hoping will help with energy levels, that’s something that is still an issue.

1 Like

Yes, I believe there is two groups those that crashed and were on the drug short term (who seem to be worse off) and those those got side effects from long term usage. I don’t believe eating foods to lower these hormones would be powerful enough to mitigate epignetic changes. I would really like to try my method but only in a clinical setting as I would be worried about how my body would react however I don;t think there is a possibility it could get much worse for me as I’m physically, mentally and sexually disabled.

I agree with you. Some of the worst cases are from 1 pill. Then some of the mild cases have taken it for over a decade. That seems to be a theme to be noted. Thats why the surveys are SOOO important. This will help the foundation link symptoms, time lines, etc…

2 Likes

Great news! So glad to hear this! I look forward to your recovery story some day!

2 Likes

That’s a Very good suggestion, I went crazy about how to take survey for two months then discovered that I needed a pc :rofl:

I took fin for 20 years on and off. I have every symptom I have lost everything. Every day is a fight fir survival. I am continuing to get worse. So I disagree with the 1 pill view.

2 Likes

Thankyou for weighing in @LazarusRy.

As always with this syndrome, “the average” or “standard” is non-existent.

We need to be careful about sweeping statements.

I am of course dismayed to hear of your condition. I really hope that you’ll see some good days very soon.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear this… but I learned something. As @Greek says, there doesnt seem to be a standard case.

2 Likes

Hi - that is a very interesting article and Google translate did an OK job of it, but I can’t quite make out exactly what he did.

Do you think, if it isn’t too much to ask, you could translate enough of it for us to understand his regimen and his tapering? It’d mean an awful lot if so.

Thanks if you can buddy. :slight_smile:

When he had used fin for about 7 years,he started to have serious side effects.He thought he might have pfs.Also,he perceived he was better as taking fin.So,he repeated to take fin as he felt much worse.The sphere when he started to get worse was gradually longer than before.Finally he stopped taking fin,and his symptoms almost disappeared.
I don’t know whether he had really pfs,but this may be some protocol.

1 Like

Thank you so much for that. I had a little look, but because of his charts in Japanese I can’t follow his schedule and dosages. Google translate gave me something of an idea though! :slight_smile:

If you have time, it would be so so helpful if you could re-created his schedule and dosages. If we could have that in English for the forum it’d be so helpful - almost nobody logs as thoroughly as this guy.

Is that something you think you can do @Mr.Children ?